|Example of the Hemstitched placemat.|
Another project I thought of using these precious little tiles is a serving tray! I can't wait to make one of these too!!!! LOVE IT!!!
Buy an inexpensive tray, cement the tiles in place and top with a piece of glass! Voila! (I don't grout these projects because you loose that wonderful 3D look and feel.)
Once cured, they are perfect!
My results were best this way:
- have your design laser printed
- have a dry wash cloth handy
- brush a thin layer of ModPodge on the back of the pictures
- position the picture on a tile
- use the cloth to gently press the picture down, absorb any excess ModPodge and move it into perfect placement
Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!