You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Acrylic Button Tutorial by Lynette's Photo Art  

I was surprised to receive a request on the 5th day my blog was up (today is the 6th day!), but I am honored and very touched. I respect someone asking “how to do it” instead of only wanting the finished product. If you give someone a fish, they eat today, but if you teach them to fish, they can eat for a lifetime! Tutorials are how I learned what I know and when I have time, I take more tutorials to learn more! There are lots of places on line that offer free tutorials – just google it. My favorite is http://www.photoshoproadmap.com. You can sign up and they will e-mail you daily what new tutorials have been added with thumbnails so you can decide if it's worth the effort. It covers not only this button, but on the way covers Clipping Masks, Layer Masks and much more. So, for Chili who wanted a tutorial on how to make my button, here goes my FIRST tutorial!Terms of Use: Do not claim this tutorial as your own – it has taken me 20 hrs. of uninterrupted work so far and I’m just now finally getting it up for you. So don’t be a pirate! Don’t give it away or share it, but send everyone here to my blog to get their own free copy at http://lynettesphotoart.blogspot.com. This tutorial is copywrited by Lynette’s Photo Art 2008 and cannot be redistributed or altered in any way.

I am going to make this very basic for those just starting out. I’m also going to introduce you to many of the fabulous aspects of PhotoShop and some shortcuts along the way. I will offer multiple ways to do things so you can choose and your understanding of PS will grow. If you take this tutorial, you will be equipped to do a great deal more than make this button!

I’m doing one more thing for you – I’m going to make this a download so you can keep it in your computer for reference when you need it. I have aged many years laboriously trying to copy and rebuild on line tutorials so I could keep them in my hard drive and refer to them without having to be connected to the net. IT'S AN AWFUL JOB! Not everyone has good or unlimited internet connection. Not everyone has a beefy enough computer system to be on line and also run PS without loosing their minds! So, obeying my dear Savior, I’m doing for you what I wish others had done for me!

I'd welcome feedback as to what you think of the tutorial after you try it. I always appreciate your comments, here and at 4shared.

Download the tutorial here.

I liked the button I made for the tutorial so much that I'm going to offer it in the next post. Hope you like it too! It's called "He Makes All Things Beautiful".

If you download, leave me some love and God bless your use of it!
Visit my store here.
Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The passwords are jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Acrylic Button Tutorial by Lynette's Photo Art

  • Maria
    September 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM  

    Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 20 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

  • KatLen
    September 20, 2008 at 6:37 AM  

    thanks! going to have to try this

  • Jody
    September 21, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

    Thank you, Lynette. Your tutorial is very detailed and I was able to make a button!

    For the record I like the doc. or rtf format for tutorials as they can be altered with ease to suit the program a person is using. For instance in this tutorial, I use CS3 and the keystroke for constraining a circle to a circle is Shift not Control as the tutorial states. So it really is handy to be able to change things on occasion, something that is not easy to do with a pdf.

    But, if you do want to change your tutorial to a pdf it is really simple. I too use a Mac so you should be able to do this. Just open your doc and go to the file menu and print - except, when the print dialogue comes up where it says PDF, scroll to print to pdf and your doc will be saved as a pdf.

    Thank you for the tutorial and all the tips that went with it - I learned lots of things and am excited to be able to use what I have learned. I hope you will make more tutorials, there is so much to learn.

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster