You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Gourd Swan 2 by LynettesPhotoArt  

Yesterday we touched on how much God loves those who once were His, but have walked away. I want to share a very cool illustration of this in action that I was honored to witness last Sunday.

After worship, I was downtown and when my husband came to pick me up, I asked him to walk in this lovely park we have right next to where he was picking me up. This is the very first time we've ever done this. I heard really cool music and we started hiking to find out if it was live or canned (they do pipe music through rock speakers in part of the park). We found an opening with a big circle of conga drums and men and women playing passionately. There were also lots of really neat and unusual percussion instruments being played. Everyone was happy and they played without breaks for ages. Their arms must have hurt so badly!

I was so happy and blessed to be there and of course, was silently praying for everyone there and worshipping God for this blessing. After a while, a couple we know from a church we used to attend showed up and we had a happy reunion. He started sharing with my husband about a pastor who he had seen at another drumming session here in the past and how he had delivered a word of admonition to this man. Rather than receive the word, this man had gone to our friend's pastor and tried to get him in trouble. The drumming pastor had left his church and was apparently not worshiping God in any fellowship any more.

My attention was on a homeless looking man who had stopped drumming and had gotten an adorable puppy from somewhere and was walking him. I left the others without being noticed and went to ask this man if I could pet his puppy, as the painful wound of loosing my beloved has not healed and I so longed to touch one.

He had a drink in his had and had been smoking. He appeared dirty and ragged and quite beaten by life. We talked about the puppy and I silently prayed for this dear soul in my heart. When he said he had rescued this puppy, I said, "God bless you". He quickly said he could use all the blessings he could get. This opened the conversation up and I was given opportunity to gently speak some bold truth to him in the love of Christ. He received it very well and it was a wonderful talk. I liked him.

He said he had been employed by a church, but not any more. I said that that was unimportant in terms of salvation, that it is only our personal relationship with God that matters. I asked him about the state of his walk with God, reminding him that none of us is promised tomorrow. We must be sure we are right with God at all times, not knowing when we will be taken from this world and face judgment. He said it was the best it had ever been, but asked prayers for himself and his girlfriend who he shard has mental problems. I was so blessed! I asked if he would like prayer now? I pointed out our friends and my husband and said we could all pray for him now. He suddenly had to return to drumming right away, but was very pleasant and still wanted me to pray for them, just not right then. We parted amicably.

Upon returning to the group, I excitedly said I'd met a man who asked for us to pray for him and his girlfriend, but didn't want us to do it there. As talk continued, I used his name. To my shock, he was the very pastor our friend had been talking about!!!! He hadn't even said the man was present. And this was the only individual I approached that evening! No wonder he didn't want prayer from the group and left quickly when I pointed them out.

Do you see? God so loves this wayward child of His, drinking, smoking, living in sin with a woman he's not married to, away from the fellowship of believers entirely, that he arranged this meeting so He could send one of His children to invite him back again, to tell him He still loves him!!! I am blown away. I LOVE it when God uses me! I never cease to be astounded at Him. This is what makes life worth living! Look at the lengths God went to to touch that man that night!!!! He really loves him!

"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." Luke 15:4-7

Just like yesterday's scripture said, we are to love others as Christ loves us. John 13:34,35 Let's keep our eyes open for these treasured golden opportunities to be used by our Savior and God!!! Be sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and obey it. After all, this is what we are in this world for, to love and praise Him and to be His hands and feet to reach those in need of Him. Praise God!

Please pray for this man and his girlfriend. You don't need names, God will know who you mean!

If you download, leave me some love and God bless your use of it!
Visit my store here.
Download here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Gourd Swan 2 by LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster