You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

PampasGrass_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

"Abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from him in shame at His coming." 1 John 2:28

"The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God abides forever." 1 John 2:17

Jesus has told us that He will return and take those who have asked Him to be their Savior home to heaven with Him, ever more to be with Him. We refer to this as "the second coming". These verses admonish us to "abide in Him" which is accomplished by "doing the will of God", so we don't have to shrink back in shame and fear when He returns.

"If we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we call Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:7-10

This explains it clearly. God the Father is in the light. When we obey His Word and live righteously in Jesus Christ, the blood of Jesus His Son cleans us from the sin that would send us to hell. When we confess our sins, He forgives us as if it never happened as we continue to live in obedience to His Word and love Him. Since He has told us that all sin and fall short of His glory, then if we say we haven't sinned, we are calling Him a liar. Romans 3:23

This is the marvel of "abiding in Him", "walking in the light", that we love and obey Him, quickly confessing and repenting of our sins to Him as soon as we do them. This keeps us "in the light" where we are continually cleansed of sin so we stay in a state of grace and our salvation is something we can be confident about. Those who do not live this way will shrink back in shame and fear when He comes and their destruction will follow. Thank you Father for making a way of grace to bring us back to You!

Today's freebie is Pampas Grass. It was quite a challenge to extract, but soooo beautiful! My Pampas Grass didn't do well this year as we are in year 7 (I think) of severe drought. I took the picture I have extracted for you, but the image below to show you what the entire plant looks like I got from Google images since mine looks puny now. If you click the image it will take you to the source. These plants are much taller than me and the long slender blades that blow gracefully in the wind and are covered by fine barbs. There are many varieties of these ornamental grasses. You see a lot of them along the Gulf. So beautiful!

If you download, leave me some love at the bottom of this post and God bless your use of it!
Visit my store here.
Link expired. Available now in my PayPal store. E-mail me if you don't find it. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 comments: to “ PampasGrass_by_LynettesPhotoArt

  • blackdogdesigns
    November 29, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

    You are quite trying to send me over the edge, aren't you? Lovely as always!

  • Digi Free
    November 30, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

    Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 29 Nov [LA 09:31pm] - 30 Nov [NY 12:31am, UK 05:31am, OZ 04:31pm] ).

  • CC / Dan
    November 30, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

    Hey hun, Rusty(CC) here :)
    Just wanted to let you know that you havent missed the gingers yet! I'm not feeling real well so I've asked Netta to post them on her blog tomorrow. You can grab them from there as soon as she gets them up, okay? :)
    Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog hun! Makes me feel good to get a little feedback!
    Your site is wonderful and your photos are amazing! I'll be sure to come back often to check out your new goodies!
    Take care hun and God Bless,
    Rusty

  • jessesmum6
    November 30, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

    Beautiful, as always - I am so glad I found your blog! thank you for sharing your work.

  • jessesmum6
    November 30, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

    Beautiful as always, thanks for sharing your work :o)

  • Anonymous
    November 30, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

    Bonjour Lynette,
    You've not chosen to extract a simple object !!! It must have taken you hours !
    Merci BEAUCOUP !
    C from Paris :)

  • Lynette
    November 30, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

    To C from Paris - I do so appreciate all your comments and yes...many hours, but then most of what I do takes a great deal of time. I work more than full time at this for the blog, and it's good to know it blesses people and God is glorified!
    Every one of you who posts to me blesses me more than you can know! Thank you!
    Big hugs and God bless you and yours!
    Lynette

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster