You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

NylonBowGldGld_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

Another great work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of Christians today is the Fruit of the Spirit. How many times have we read over that like it was a title? It means what it says...these fruits of godly character that are listed in Galatians 5:22 are just what it says...fruit...of...the...Spirit!!! It is not we ourselves that have the ability to produce these things in our lives. It is ours to obey the Word of God from our hearts and do our best to live these ways, but this fruit is actually brought about by the Holy Spirit of God! If we do not have Him actively working in our lives and if we are not cooperating with Him, we will find it impossible to truly have these fruits fully in our lives.

I spent 23 years as an absolutely sold out to Jesus Christian, doing all I could to obey and serve Him and yet, every time I'd read this list of the fruit of the Spirit, I was so convicted. I'd emotionally flog myself for my failing and try even harder. No matter what I did, I could not attain it. Not through prayer, repenting, fasting, nothing. This failure deeply affected me - for the worse.

Then I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and He opened my eyes to see that these are fruits He produces in our lives when we cooperate with Him!!! It was such a, "No duh!" moment!!! And now I'm perfect and have all the fruits prominently displayed in my life!!!

LOL!!!!!! Yeah, right! Just kidding. We are ALL works in progress, but at least now I'm making progress!!!! "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit!!" Zechariah 4:6 This Christian walk is not a destination as such, it's a journey! As long as we wear flesh, we are all at different stages of His work in us. It won't be till we shed this flesh to be with Him forever that we will have reached our glorious destination! Hallelujah!!!!! Praise You Lord! Bring forth fruit to Your glory!

16"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

17For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." Galatians 5:16-26

If you download, leave me some love at the bottom of the post and God bless your use of it!
Download here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ NylonBowGldGld_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster