You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

PreciousMoments_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

HELEN - Thank you for your question about Jesus Christ being fully human and fully God while here on earth. Here is an excellent link giving the scriptural support for this truth as it was used in a radio debate http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=86127. Hope this helps and God bless you! Questions are always welcomed and I'll do my best to help.

GEORGIA - Thank you so much for your comments yesterday about the "ixthus" or "icthus post I made recently! It was fascinating reading what you shared and I'm happy to meet you and honored you visit my blog. You asked how I knew this - I started studying about all things pertaining to Christianity and our God when I gave Him my life in 1978 and haven't stopped learning since because I want to be pleasing to Him in all things. The more I learn about Him, the more I love Him! Anyone who wishes to verify what I shared can just do a Google search and...voila...there is the information! God bless you and write me any time. My e-mail is in the "about me".

Now for today's thoughts - I know you've read this passage umteenmillion times, but just once more please as I am going somewhere important with it.

1 Corinthians 13 1-3
"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. "

This is a list of many profound things we can do, but God is telling us that they are worthless, even as a clanging cymbal, without love. It doesn't even profit us to give our life if we aren't doing it in love. Now this is the analogy I wanted to share...

You can buy someone gifts you can't afford, provide them food and shelter, speak highly of them to others, even do things for them, but if you spend your time with them treating them rudely, insulting and bullying them, falsely accusing them and drowning them out when they try to speak, it was all for nothing. If every request for a little help is met with loud aggravated sighs, it doesn't matter what words you say afterward to try to patch things up, you've made it clear to them how you truly feel and they will try their best to never ask you for help with anything again.

Just as God was telling us that the good behaviors He listed were worthless without love, so are all the nice things you might do for another, if you also repeatedly treat them as I've described. That speaks louder than any gift. Your treatment of them is the message that stays with them, slowly killing them inside and eroding the relationship. Bragging on them to others is they height of hypocrisy when your treatment of them to their face says the opposite.

God tells us that out of the abundance of our hearts we speak. Luke 6:45 Your words and treatment of this person show them what you truly think of them and that is far more powerful than any gift you give them, and it speaks death and hopelessness for the relationship.

It's worth doing a personal inventory and checking how you are treating others. Surely as those who wear the name of Christ, we don't have the right to treat others badly, surely not our "loved ones" at home. We are bought with a price and are no longer our own. Jesus commands us to model our attitudes and behaviors after His and to obey all He teaches us in the Bible. It's not an option. We bring shame on Him when we act this way, especially in front of others. You may well even cost someone their soul when they know you profess to be a Christian and are acting badly. They may stumble and fall away from Him or never come to Him at all because of your example. A horrifying possibility. And don't be fooled that the little ears in your home are not being damaged by this too. Deep far reaching wounds.

This is an applique I had added to a crazy quilt I made my youngest daughter. When they were little, I did a lot of artwork with the Precious Moments designs. I think they are still "precious"!

If you download, leave me some love at the bottom of this post and God bless your use of it!
Link expired. Available now in my PayPal store. E-mail me if you don't find it. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ PreciousMoments_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster