You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

RibbonKnot_by_LynettesPhotoArt.  

Today I want to warn you about the Acai Berry & Colon Rx scam that's hurting many of us right now.

The net is saturated with ads for "As seen on Rachel Ray - loose 25 lbs. in...". I've seen them for months. I finally followed the link and found myself at a site that claimed to be a woman's personal diary of weight loss she experienced using Acai Berry and Colon Rx supplements together. She said she dreamed this up herself and never said she was connected to the companies. She offered links for free trial offers for both products on her site as a favor to us, saying we pay only for the shipping. Be warned, it's all part of a very deceptive ad campaign.

I almost ordered one, then didn't. My e-mail instantly filled with daily mail from them telling me time was running out and I had to act now or loose my free chance to try it. Eventually I went ahead and ordered the free trial of each which was to cost only the shipping. The Acia was $3.97 for shipping and the Colon Rx was $5.95 for shipping - that was supposed to be all it cost.

They arrived while I was flat in bed sick. I still haven't opened them. On the paperwork I saw small print telling me I'd be receiving more shipments and had 15 days to cancel. Not the usual 15 days from when you receive it, but 15 days from when they shipped, which we have no way to know the date. We instantly started phoning to cancel both supplements. Three and a half hours later, being made to call several numbers, ages on hold and getting run arounds, then having to e-mail also, we were told that both were successfully cancelled, but both companies refused to give us cancellation numbers to protect ourselves with. We documented everything and saved e-mails.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the Acai company (GNS, Inc.) telling me I had to contact my credit card company and tell them to accept "the remainder of the product price" as my card had been declining it. I had no idea what they were talking about. It got clearer when my daughter called.

Yesterday my oldest daughter told me her employer had ordered the same thing and been scammed. They charged $90 to her card later and she was receiving more shipments though she didn't agree to any of this. She called her credit card. The moment she said "supplements" they said "Acai and Colon Rx". They have been flooded with disputes about this and immediately credited her account.

What had happened is this weekend we received new credit cards with an explanation that a merchant had compromised our information so our credit card had cancelled our account number and was now issuing us new cards with a new account number. (Of course I phoned the number I knew to be authentic for my card and verified all this was valid and not a scam.)

This morning I phoned my credit card company. They said both companies have tried to bill me $85-$95 more, but have been declined as the account number they had was now closed and I have a new number.

My credit card explained the situation as they are swamped with it:
1. The first deception with this is that the Colon Rx company says they are a business in Utah, but are in fact in Great Brittan. Hence the credit card company charges us a "foreign transaction fee" that we are not warned about when ordering, because they change from dollars to whatever else. This is not disputable or refundable.
2. Even though we are told the only cost we are committing to is the tiny shipping charge, during the ordering process we must click "accept terms" to complete the transaction. She said if we look at the terms it's 3-4 pages of garbldy gook that we don't understand so we ignore it and click. She said in the fine print there it warns that the truth is that we pay shipping now and will be billed something like $85-$95 more soon.
3. I think she said there is also something in there committing us to further shipments.
4. When the shipment arrives it says we have 15 days from when they shipped to us to cancel. Not 15 days from when we receive it. You may return the GNC Acai within 30 days of the date of purchase for a refund, less shipping and handling.
5. In the papers that arrive with the product it says, "once your first VIP Club supply of GNS Product has been processed, you are not eligible for a monetary refund." That's what they call sending you more product in the future which you "agreed" to when clicking the "Accept Terms" button in the original order. They start processing the first shippment almost immediately when they send your "free trial offer".
6. The fine print says you have 48 hours from your purchase date to cancel the VIP Club (where they keep sending you more). That's before you have any idea they are doing this to you.
7. The fine print on the Colon Rx paperwork adds that if you return for a refund, not only must it be 15 days from date of purchase, but they charge you a 30% "administrative handling and restocking fee".
8. My credit card company said that I am doubly fortunate that they had closed my account because everyone else quickly starts getting lots of charges on their accounts from "sister companies" from these two companies. This is unconscionable!
9. My credit card company said the web is full of sites trying to warn us about this deception. Now I'm one of them!

There is probably more to this, but this should be enough to warn you.

My credit card company said this is the most insidiously constructed deception they have run across ever and that we may have a great deal of difficulty resolving it. So now you are forewarned. Please pray for those of us who have been swindled that we not loose more money and that it will be resolved quickly. God protect us all and thwart the efforts of the evil!

If you download, leave me some love at the bottom of the post and God bless your use of it!
Link expired. Available in my PayPal store. E-mail me if you don't find it. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 comments: to “ RibbonKnot_by_LynettesPhotoArt.

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster