You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

TermWood_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

The texture of these is too cool. These used to be a cross section of a tree. After years of allowing termites to consume it, this is what's left. To my artist's eye this texture is so cool and could really enhance many scrapbook pages. But to my spiritual eyes, I see the results of sin left unchecked.

If we allow ourselves to compromise just a little on God's holy commands, then the next time it's easier and so on until the enemy has successfully lured us from a life of righteous living in Christ into a life of sin and death. The Bible says "the wages of sin is death". Romans 6:23

This wood is a good example of what happens as we allow ourselves to live in "gray areas", no longer cleaving to His holy Word and ways above all else. That seemingly harmless compromise starts eating away at us spiritually like the tiny termite started working on this substantial slice of wood when it was perfect and beautiful.

I couldn't have imagined the wood would look like this one day. I just let it lay in the yard. I wasn't vigilant. I didn't watch carefully. Are you letting "gray areas" live in your life? We don't nnotice the damage until it's severe like this wood.

Yes, while there is life, there is hope. As long as God grants us life, we can always repent from our hearts and turn to Jesus and He will forgive us as if we never sinned. He will wash us and cover us with His saving grace. But the fact is that more often than not, once we are this far in sin, most don't repent and ask Jesus to save them. That "gray area" sin that was like a tiny termite in the beginning that we could easily have crushed, becomes stronger in our lives each time we compromise until, like this wood swarming with countless termites, we are utterly overwhelmed with sin and can't get ourselves loose. Satan's plan has succeeded to damn you to hell for eternity, and it was all your free will choice.

  • "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13
God does not tempt us, but He always provides a way of escape - let's be vigilant and watch for the way of escape and choose to take it! Let's be like Joseph who literally RAN from sin, not stupidly try to see how close we can get to sin without actually sinning. Genesis 39:7-12 If we have truly given our lives to Jesus, we no longer want to play that fool's game, but we long to live holy lives that are pleasing to Him.
  • "When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone;" James 1:13
Winnie update - She went outside for the first time (without me wearing her and her hiding in my clothes or hands). See her squint? Her cage is in a sunny bay window, but this was still much brighter! She was a bit afraid and just wanted held. We made it a brief adventure. And right now Daddy says she's biting him and he wants me to come feed her...so bye!

If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future. God bless you!
Link expired. Available now in my PayPal store. E-mail me if you don't find it.
Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 comments: to “ TermWood_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster