You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

StainedGlassButterflies_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

It was during Passover so many years ago that the only begotten Son of God gave His life on the cross to pay for the sins of mankind, to redeem our souls from hell and make a way for us to be reconciled to God the Father so we can spend eternity with Him in heaven.

Satan thought he had outsmarted God when Jesus allowed Himself to be nailed to that cross. He delighted in seeing Jesus hanging there, suffering, carrying all the sins of mankind, mocked and abused.

But he was wrong. God knew man would sin in the Garden of Eden and fall from grace. He had a plan for the redemption of mankind before He created the earth. His plan included Jesus giving His perfect sinless life as the perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins - and then conquering death, hell and the grave for us! He rose from the dead and now sits at the right hand of God the Father. He is the perfect High Priest for those who have obeyed His plan of salvation and are living in obedience to His Word - the Bible. He is always interceding on our behalf to the Father.

He is not on that cross any more! He is alive! He is the victor! The work of the cross is done - forever!

As Christians, we are all on a journey. We are in the process of growing closer to God and being brought into conformity with Jesus Christ in all our ways. Each of us is at a different point along this journey and it would be wrong to judge another by where we are and where we think he is. This is completely between each of us and God Almighty. Let's give grace to each other and be always willing to listen, search our Bibles and pray about new things we hear to see if they are true and be willing to change immediately if they are. There is grace for those who do not know better, but once we see something in our lives is wrong, we need to repent and conform to God's will in all ways. We long only to be pleasing to Him in all things - always.

Here is a thought to consider. When well meaning people wear crucifixes, crosses that have Jesus still hanging on them, it makes satan very happy. He has lost the war, but when he sees these, it gives him pleasure remembering the day he thought he was killing God's Son in humiliation and shame.

When people wear these or have them in their homes, they mean to be honoring His sacrifice. They need to realize they are also placing the emphasis on satan's moment of supposed triumph against our God. They are leaving out Jesus' victory! He is not on the cross any more. Satan can't keep Him there, how sad that we do.

The entire point of the cross is the empty tomb. We wouldn't wear a symbol of a tomb with Jesus in it and not one showing that the tomb is empty? Perhaps it is better to wear a cross that is empty also. It would still honor His sacrifice without so delighting His (and our) enemy and would show that He is no longer on that cross, but is victorious and will soon come again to judge this world.

God knew mankind would tend to "worship" the "things of God" instead of God Himself. So He made sure not to record things we'd wrongly worship, such as: the date of Jesus' birth; the location of the cup from the last supper; the ark of the covenant; the exact locations of things like His tomb (we are making educated guesses where things were), etc.

He does not want us to worship a cross, or any emblem. The cross itself is in no way holy. The Son of God who gave His life on it was and is Holy. He wants us to worship Jesus who gave His life in our stead on a cross. If we can wear or display crosses without worshipping them, then it is ok. But if you ask the Holy Spirit to show you the truth of your heart and find you are worshipping the cross itself, it's time to repent and give the worship only to the God who deserves and requires it. Worshipping anything other than God Almighty, (the Trinity), is idolatry and is a sin He condemns with terrible consequences.

I'm giving you these Stained Glass Butterflies for Easter because the butterfly is the symbol of new life and Easter is when we celebrate Jesus Christ's victory over death on our behalf and His sacrifice that gives us new life in Him for eternity if we obey what He has commanded. They recolor well and are soooo pretty! I will be giving you this lovely QP using them sometime soon.
If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future. God bless you!
Link expired. Now available in my PayPal store here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 comments: to “ StainedGlassButterflies_by_LynettesPhotoArt

  • Tessa
    April 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

    I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ruth

    http://muffinsnow.com

  • Digi Free
    April 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

    Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Apr [LA 07:40pm, NY 09:40pm] - 13 Apr [UK 02:40am, OZ 12:40pm] ).

  • CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search
    April 13, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

    Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Cat(s)/Dog(s)/Bear/Bird/Butterfly/Other Animal Theme post on Apr. 13, 2009. Thanks again.

  • Keryn
    April 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

    Thank you so much Lynette for these wonderful Stained Glass Butterflies. It is lovely to have a blog offering beautiful Christian themed Easter gifts instead of the usual Bunnies. Butterflies have always meant a lot to me in regards to Easter. Last Sunday we had a dawn service at church and after meeting around a small fire under the portico went inside to find butterflies which the school children had made adorning all the walls - just lovely. Big Hugs, Keryn

  • Anonymous
    April 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

    I really enjoy coming to your site. It's refreshing to find a Christian site on the web, especially considering the world we live in right now. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    marnie

  • Anonymous
    April 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

    So, I visit your blog everyday not just for scrapbooking but because I enjoy the Christian atmosphere. I have even copied some of the things you have said or referenced because I don't want to forget. I fell like I know you. Which is why I thought I could respond to this particular post. I wear a crucifix. I have them in every room in my home. I want everyone that comes into my home to know they have entered a house of the Lord. Are we not supposed to stand up for our faith regardless of the cost? My faith teaches that without the crucifixion of Jesus, we would not have the resurrection. I can honestly say that I have never heard of Satan being happy because someone wears a crucifix. It was prophesied hundreds of years before Christ that the Lamb of God would come into the world for this very reason. This is the first time I have heard that Satan thought he was killing Jesus. And for the record, I use the anonymous login because I do not have a blogger account. And I am here a week later because I spent Easter with my grandchildren who live hundreds of miles away.

  • Anonymous
    April 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

    So, I visit your blog everyday not just for scrapbooking but because I enjoy the Christian atmosphere. I have even copied some of the things you have said or referenced because I don't want to forget. I fell like I know you. Which is why I thought I could respond to this particular post. I wear a crucifix. I have them in every room in my home. I want everyone that comes into my home to know they have entered a house of the Lord. Are we not supposed to stand up for our faith regardless of the cost? My faith teaches that without the crucifixion of Jesus, we would not have the resurrection. I can honestly say that I have never heard of Satan being happy because someone wears a crucifix. It was prophesied hundreds of years before Christ that the Lamb of God would come into the world for this very reason. This is the first time I have heard that Satan thought he was killing Jesus. And for the record, I use the anonymous login because I do not have a blogger account. And I am here a week later because I spent Easter with my grandchildren who live hundreds of miles away.

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster