You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Snails_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

Snails don't move very fast, and today's thoughts are probably just that, things that you have all thought of long ago and I'm just being slow, but just in case...

In yesterday's discussion about being overwhelmed with life, I shared this verse:

  • "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
As a new Christian I used to read this and picture us coming to Jesus when we are overwhelmed and beaten down by life and His response is to put His burden on us! Didn't make a lot of sense to me. God has a way of giving insight on things to those who earnestly seek Him - in His own time. As Christians we are all on this journey, at different levels of maturity in different areas, if we are cooperating with the Holy Spirit's work in us. As I grew in Christ, I studied about yokes and how they were used in times gone by to connect beasts of burden for farm work and to pull carriages.

But...on May 30th I shared a wonderful thought on "guidance" that my sister-in-law sent me...and as I wrote yesterday's post, that came back to me in connection with the yoke in this verse. God has put them together for me to see that the yoke is not a "burden" placed on these animals. It is a tool to help them learn to move as one because nothing productive results when they are struggling against each other and they can even be hurt. It is heavy because they are rebellious of spirit and don't want to conform their behavior to the other and so it must be strong or it will fail in it's purpose.

Are you with me? It's SO EXCITING! The yoke enables the "dance" we read about in the "guidance" post. (Scroll back and read it if you missed it - it's well worth it!) Without the yoke, the two creatures wouldn't move in harmony. Once they have submitted to the yoke and it has done it's job, the two move as one and are in beautiful harmony and peace! Keep going...

So in this verse when He talks of us at the lowest points in our lives, where we just don't think we can go on, He tells us to come to Him and He will put His yoke on us...a tool of His love to help our rebellious spirits conform more deeply to His likeness in thought, word and deed - the fruit of which will be the very help we need to lift our burdens and fill us with His love and peace!!!

You see, when we asked Jesus to forgive our sins and be our Savior, we gave Him our lives and committed to obey His Holy Word - to conform ourselves to Him in all ways. But we are human and even though our spirits are willing, our flesh is weak and our progress slowed by this war among our members. The yoke is a gift! It is a powerful gift to help subdue our flesh and help us conform to Him in all ways - that we can move as one!!!! That way we can "dance" with Him, every movement, every thought in complete harmony with Him when we are fully transformed by His yoke!!!! This is SO AWESOME!!!!

It's the cry of every true Christian's heart to be in a more intimate union with our Lord. Oh the heavenly pictures in my mind of serenely "dancing" through this life in intimate harmony with the Lover of My Soul, His eyes locked on mine and I need not shrink in shame and self-loathing because I am washed pure in His precious blood shed for me on the cross and I now dance as one with Him in harmony, above the storms of this life...how divine! I long for that level of relationship with Him where my walk remains unaffected no matter what is happening in my life in the flesh. Yes Lord, I want Your yoke and I want it now without reservation. I trust You implicitly and am so delighted that you have shown me yet another gift of love in your Word! Matthew 26:41; Romans 7:14:25

Note: This is part three of what has become a four part posting so far, so please read starting May 30 through tomorrow's too. I think you'll be as blessed by them as I am! God is soooooo amazing!

I'm excited to announce the release of My Favorite Things! I have made a GIANORMOUS kit of 123 of my most favorite and treasured graphics that I'm offering for only $4.99 with proceeds to defray the cost of running this freebie blog for all of you. It's an absolutely gorgeous kit with everything you could want in it - oh, and don't be fooled by "Mother's Day" being on there...it's only on two items and one of them is included without text, so this kit is good for unlimited designs! This is the same hi res hi quality you know I always give you. There is no junk filler either! I've truly given you only what I love and would want myself. Of course I have FREEBIE ADD ONS for you too! We've had an impressive run of some very bad things and I really need help with the expense of giving out daily freebies here. I've given you literally hundreds of gifts daily and now I need your help! Please support this blog by buying this! I'd love to hear what you think of the kit, so leave me a comment or e-mail me.





This kit has 123 pieces. To see all the detail, click the images in the top right column. (Only 2 have “Mother’s Day” on them and one of them is included w/o that text.)
12 papers
2 alphas
18 fancy brush strokes
18 paint brush strokes
award
banner
bar
bead heart
2 flower
silver/blk swirl
2 nylon bows
branch
buds branch
bundle of bud branches
3 butterflies
1 button
6 frames
2 film strip frames
1 peony w/word art
glasses
3 glitter splats
heart box
hinged frame
jewels
2 leaves
10 marbles
3 paperclips
paper heart
4 peonies
purple heart
record
3 ribbon glitter circles
rivet
2 rock hearts
scroll frame
staple
3 scroll swirls
3 transparent tapes
transparent heart
vine
Willow Tree
Word art text
Text in flower shape

Credits and thanks to: Border of a paper http://thescrappincop.blogspot.com; Vine http://grannyart.blogspot.com; Heart Rock annabvdesigns@gmail.com; Tape & Ribbon Circle http://www.storeide.se/gunhild/index.htm; Butterflies Bonnie Carter at TheMalteseScrapper. The following don't allow selling or I don't know, so they will be the freebie add on's: Scrolls http://iblspastime.blogspot.com; Flower on stem file name HFD-CU Flower003; Hinged Frame http://alwaysplumpster.blogspot.com; Glitter Circle www.DeliciousScraps.com; Rivet http://pshero.com/archives/levis-style-copper-rivet.
Sample layouts.This is the Snail Bucket Cluster I used today's gift in. You can still get it in the archives in the left column if you missed it. Look close - all three snails are in it!If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future. God bless you!
Link expired. Available in my PayPal store. E-mail me if you don't find it. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


8 comments: to “ Snails_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster