You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

SubSandwichWordArt_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

For those of you who miss the Boo and Winnie updates, here's a Boo update, complete with pictures! This ties into today's thoughts, so bear with me please.

To bring you up to speed, I lost my most precious Muffy just a week after her 7th birthday. She was such a blessing from God at an unspeakably bad time in our lives and we called her His little Spirit of Joy in our home. It's been very hard. We tried once to get another dog, but it didn't want anything to do with us. I actually came to wonder if I could ever love again.

It was just days short of two years since I'd lost her last February and I was very ill. It was all I could do to take care of myself. A woman who knew about our loss periodically sent us pictures of puppies she had for sale. We weren't even looking for one. That day, my husband oddly just left the house saying he'd be back. When the door opened, he had a tremendously ugly, limp puppy about the size of his hand. I was so sick, but it was so pathetic when he laid it in my arms. I immediately told him this was a very sick dog. They said it was a "snuggler" when in fact, it was simply too ill to move. It laid motionless in my arms for the first 9 straight hours. That was Saturday. I did what I could for it until the vet opened on Monday.

The vet said it was seriously ill and actually wrote out a full page of things wrong with it to show the breeder because she was so mad at their irresponsible breeding and treatment of the puppy. God helped us a lot with the bill, which we surely couldn't afford. I hadn't even had help for my illness. God bless that vet! It was all I could do to drive there and she found me in the room almost unconscious against the wall with the puppy in my arms looking no better.

My husband talked to the breeder who had sent the puppy home on trial. They called it a "designer" dog, but it's just an inbred mut with multiple physical defects from the irresponsible breeding. She was four months old and had received no shots of any kind and was so full of tapeworms you could see them in her stool. He told her some of what the vet said. They got furious and denied there was anything wrong with the dog. They said clearly that if we returned it to them, they would do nothing for her health. So, of course, we kept it to save it's life...having to pay their price (which should have bought a young, healthy, purebred dog with all it's shots), and also all the vet bills.

She's doing much better now and has recently turned 7 months old, but she still needs to gain weight. She wasn't 4 lbs. last time they weighed her and they said as long her her bones are so prominent, she's malnourished still. You would not believe all I've done trying to fatten her up! Oh to have such a problem myself!

She's about as opposite my precious Muffy as you can get, in every way. It's shocking really. My heart only wanted my Muffypuppy back, so I was thinking of getting another beautiful Pom of her colors. I was concerned that no dog could ever live up to her and that it might be a mistake getting one that looked similar for that reason. Well, you could not possibly have a greater opposite in Boo. I wouldn't have thought that I could care for, much less love, an ugly dog. Sorry, but that's the truth. We started planning to name her UD for ugly dog. But as she got well, her one of a kind spirit started showing and she's won my heart. I've finally pretty much stopped crying for my Muffy, not that anyone will ever take her place, but it is good to hold a warm soft little puppy again - a bandaid for the chasm Muffy left.

Boo's such a nut that she has brought smiles and laughter back to our home. She's also opposite Muffy in behavior. She is so naughty, headstrong and so much work. Muffy of course never was...remember...perfect! Still, I am glad not to be alone any more. Now I wince when people call her ugly. I don't want lies, but because I've come to know her spirit, I have asked people to find something else to call her. A couple have said she's cute - but we sure can't see it! LOL!

Now for another irony of how God works...obviously I love graphics and I'm a historian also. I spend a great deal of time from photography through the finished graphic product and in documenting the family. Remember my perfect Muffypuppy? I cannot get a descent shot of Boo no matter what! So what do we know about life? We have to be flexible or we break. So...whereas previously my goal was to get the most beautiful shots of Muffy, now I decided to stop deleting the worst of the shots and planned to one day make a LO of ugly Boo shots! Well, yesterday was the day! I call this "Boo, the UN-photogenic"! Insult to injury - it's not enough that she's so, um...homely, but she has to take even worse pictures!!! For anyone distressed by the big picture, that happened in about an hour and had me dashing her to the animal emergency in the dead of night sure she was dying of an allergic reaction to something. They said something bit her and she was fine. Sure was scary!
So, now that you've clicked the picture to see it BIG and are done laughing at her unfortunateness, I want to point out that God always knows best. The Bible says:

  • "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8,9
My heart wanted a Muffy look alike to soothe the pain. He knew I couldn't do that. He knew I'd compare in my heart and never really love the dog or be comforted by it. So what did He do in His infinite wisdom? He sent me a truly ugly puppy that I couldn't compare to her, that was so pitiful in it's sickness and need that it touched my mother's/rescuer's heart as a way in. To top it off, He let me know that if we sent it back to the breeders, it would die. Everything born deserves a chance at life.

If God had sent me what I thought I was looking for, it would not have had the result I needed to bless my life. He always knows best and thank Him that He does what's truly best for us, not just what we pray for or want in our fleshly hearts. Romans 8:28 He oh so cleverly came about this from a strange, unexpected back door, and at a time of great physical weakness on my part, and though it's surely not my Muffypuppy or the role she played in my life, Boo is being of comfort and companionship and I do care for her. It's been good to know I can love again.

So, when we pray, let us not get deceived into the misguided "name it and claim it" doctrine, but let us pray as Jesus taught us to..."Thy will, not mine be done".
  • "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will." Matthew 36:29
  • "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10
It's surely scriptural to ask for what we want and believe for it, but it's most important to keep in mind that we are to pray according to His will. Always keep in mind that we are but flawed flesh and do not know what's best for ourselves even though we are certain we do. Thank the Lord that He not only knows what's best, but cares for His children and watches out over us, willing to let us get upset by doing what's truly best for us and not always what we want.
  • "I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23
A good mother does not allow her child to touch a hot oven or run out into a busy street. She doesn't let them eat whatever they want, whenever they want it, as much as they want of it. She doesn't let them stay up as late as they want and do everything they want even though she knows they will get upset. She knows that would not be best for them and so would not be love on her part to do so. Her job is to train them up in the way they should go, not to be their best friend. Their safety, their future and their eternal life depends on her doing her job right.
  • "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:11
  • "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. " Proverbs 22:6
Credits for my LO of Boo: I greatly modified a template with file named template_eralia_4 with no TOU; alpha by Catriona Thomson Teanamac@hotmail.com; note by http://scrappinbyaubreysmom.blogspot.com.

I'm excited to announce the release of My Favorite Things! I have made a GIANORMOUS kit of 123 of my most favorite and treasured graphics that I'm offering for only $4.99 with proceeds to defray the cost of running this freebie blog for all of you. It's an absolutely gorgeous kit with everything you could want in it - oh, and don't be fooled by "Mother's Day" being on there...it's only on two items and one of them is included without text, so this kit is good for unlimited designs! This is the same hi res hi quality you know I always give you. There is no junk filler either! I've truly given you only what I love and would want myself. Of course I have FREEBIE ADD ONS for you too! We've had an impressive run of some very bad things and I really need help with the expense of giving out daily freebies here. I've given you literally hundreds of gifts daily and now I need your help! Please support this blog by buying this! I'd love to hear what you think of the kit, so leave me a comment or e-mail me.





This kit has 123 pieces. To see all the detail, click the images in the top right column. (Only 2 have “Mother’s Day” on them and one of them is included w/o that text.)
12 papers
2 alphas
18 fancy brush strokes
18 paint brush strokes
award
banner
bar
bead heart
2 flower
silver/blk swirl
2 nylon bows
branch
buds branch
bundle of bud branches
3 butterflies
1 button
6 frames
2 film strip frames
1 peony w/word art
glasses
3 glitter splats
heart box
hinged frame
jewels
2 leaves
10 marbles
3 paperclips
paper heart
4 peonies
purple heart
record
3 ribbon glitter circles
rivet
2 rock hearts
scroll frame
staple
3 scroll swirls
3 transparent tapes
transparent heart
vine
Willow Tree
Word art text
Text in flower shape

Credits and thanks to: Border of a paper http://thescrappincop.blogspot.com; Vine http://grannyart.blogspot.com; Heart Rock annabvdesigns@gmail.com; Tape & Ribbon Circle http://www.storeide.se/gunhild/index.htm; Butterflies Bonnie Carter at TheMalteseScrapper. The following don't allow selling or I don't know, so they will be the freebie add on's: Scrolls http://iblspastime.blogspot.com; Flower on stem file name HFD-CU Flower003; Hinged Frame http://alwaysplumpster.blogspot.com; Glitter Circle www.DeliciousScraps.com; Rivet http://pshero.com/archives/levis-style-copper-rivet.
Sample layouts.If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future. God bless you!
Credit: I made this years ago with an action someone gave away. Sorry, I have no idea who to give credit to, but isn't it cute?

Link expired. Available in my PayPal store. E-mail me if you don't find it. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


9 comments: to “ SubSandwichWordArt_by_LynettesPhotoArt

  • Keryn
    June 7, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

    Hello Lynette, thank you for sharing your puppy story - well I don't think he is at all ugly and remember too that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Over the years we have had some real bitsers - a bit of this and a bit of that - none of them were oil paintings but they were all the most loving and 'beautiful' dogs we have ever had.

    God never ceases to amaze me with the wonderful way he guides us whether even when it's completely the opposite direction to that which we felt we should be going.

  • Digi Free
    June 7, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

    Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 06 Jun [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 07 Jun [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

  • Digi Free
    June 7, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

    Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 07 Jun [LA 02:34am, NY 04:34am, UK 09:34am, OZ 07:34pm] ).

  • CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search
    June 7, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

    Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Jun. 07, 2009. Thanks again.

  • KrisG
    June 7, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

    First, I have to say thank you for the awesome word art... truly unique! And thank you again for your gift! I haven't had time to play just yet but it's on THE TOP of my to-do list for sure!

    I have to tell you, I had tears coming down reading your puppy story. I'm so sorry to hear you lost Muffy. I guess I'm too new to your blog to have known. I lost my kitty of 20 year in September and know what it's like to want a replacement... but not. Long story short, I now have three beautiful black beauty cats, all born in the wild and adopted by me. One is an "ugly" and is the lover of the bunch! I've been blessed threefold... and so have you! Your "ugly" puppy to me is adorable... Take good care of her. I'm sure she loves you!

  • * Lee
    June 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

    This word art is GREAT!! Thanks so much! :)

  • Liz'n'Steven
    June 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

    Hey thanks for your beautiful freebies, I used some today in a layout of law school graduation. You can see them at http://lizthompson.shutterfly.com/3474#3477 and http://lizthompson.shutterfly.com/3474#3474

  • bj
    June 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

    thanks for sharing your work!

  • Anonymous
    June 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

    Sorry to hear about Muffy. Your new pup is the cutest thing ever! Love the LO. You are amazing to give him such good care. Thanks for all the freebies! and sorry for the randomness:)

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster