You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Donuts_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

I'm get'n spoiled! This is FOUR LOs I've gotten to make now! Click to enlarge if you like.
Credits: Template by www.thepaperiris.blogspot.com; Papers by http://nbk-nicnic.blogspot.com; Text by http://www.magicmeadowscraps.blogspot.com/; 24 by http://www.psptutoriales.com; Dress & Hanger by Digitreats digitreats@rogers.com.

It seems odd to me to hear so many stories on TV of people feeling the financial "pinch" these days and being completely unaware of how to optimize what they have. I have been surprised to find that not everyone has had to pinch every penny till it screams all their lives, because so many of us have. So I thought I'd share some things I do to save money and fill a need that could help someone. Soooo...

MoneySaverTip17: Floral Arrangement & Pillars
I love this! It looks so elegant and expensive! First the floral arrangement. I go outside in the fall and collect all manner of things nature has already dried to perfection for me. I put them on a foil lined cookie sheet in the oven at the lowest heat for an hour with the door slightly ajar to kill any bug eggs. Watch carefully so nothing catches on fire. Then I store them till I need them. This floral arrangement has quite a few lovely dried elements in it. You might notice the dried Magnolia Pods I've given you among them. The rest of the arrangement is simply some silk greens that I got on clearance for very little, but they have glints of weathered gold in some edges and are weathered green on top with rust underneath. I mixed in some ordinary English Ivy for more interest. They are in a container that cost almost nothing.

Total cost about $20 and the time it took was sheer joy!

Now for it's equally expensive looking pillar. Remember when I was suggesting shopping for damaged items to save money? I knew that I wanted a weathered look, so when I was looking at plaster pillars, I looked for one with some damage that wouldn't be structurally compromising. It was the only one of this style, so I asked for a discount for the damage and received it. I paid $8 for the pillar. Then I bought three colors of patio paint to achieve a patina look. They cost $1.97 each. I took a screwdriver and worked on the cracks to make them more interesting and then added a few more of my own. See the arrows? I wiped it down to remove any loose plaster powder and then painted it with a sponge and a brush, letting it dry between coats. If you don't like a stroke, paint over it and voila! Don't think plaster would hold up? I just took this picture and the pillar is 12 years old and has gone through a household move. I kept the paints for minor touch ups as needed. I've only had to touch up a couple of times and you'd never know it.
The total cost was $15.02 including tax and time spent was maybe an hour if I remember correctly.

For this pillar I did the same except the painting. I covered it entirely with a $.98 can of bronze spray paint. When it was dried, I covered it with cream colored acrylic paint for $1.98. When it was partly dried I took a rag and wiped part of it off till I liked how it looked. The color works perfectly with the grout in the brick wall behind it. These are quick, easy, CHEAP ways to live better and save a bundle!
The total cost was $10.96 including tax and time spent was maybe an hour if I remember correctly. And how is this inspirational? We are to be good stewards of all God gives us! This is not only saving money, but recycling! Praise the Lord in ALL THINGS! If you'd like more of these, let me know and have a super day!

These are another I made looooong ago with a free action from an unknown creator. Non-fat guaranteed!

If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future. God bless you!
Download here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ Donuts_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster