You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

GldPeacockAlpha_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

A dear follower of this blog recently shared a couple of devotionals she received from The Word For Today. They were so powerful that I want to share them with you in prayer that you too will be blessed. Here is one of them:

Today, encourage somebody

  • "'Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.'" Proverbs 12:25
The nineteenth-century writer Walt Whitman struggled for years to get anyone interested in his poetry. In the midst of his discouragement he received a life-changing note from an admirer of his work. The note read, 'Dear Sir, I am not blind to the worth of the wonderful gift of Leaves of Grass. I find it the most extraordinary piece of wit and wisdom that America has yet contributed. I greet you at the beginning of a great career.' It was signed by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Whitman enjoyed a long career and is now considered one of the giants of American literature. But when times were tough he needed encouragement to keep going. And he's not alone. When we're on the brink of failure, the right word at the right time can keep us in the game. When we're too tired or discouraged to keep going, an act of compassion can give us new strength. Encouragement is one of the central themes of the Bible: 'Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad' (Proverbs 12:25). 'Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees' (Isaiah 35:3). 'For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you'' (Isaiah 41:13). Encouragement doesn't deny the problem; it enables us to overcome it. It doesn't validate stubbornness or stupidity; it simply corrects and guides us in the right path. It doesn't leave us alone to carry the burden, it lets us know that God is present to help and strengthen us. So today, encourage somebody!

MoneySaverTip23: Tiffany Lamp
I had ALWAYS wanted a tiffany style light. When I got this house it had been foreclosed, vacant and vandalized for years. It needed EVERYTHING including light fixtures. I found this one at a Lowe's or Home Depot in a clearance pile. A piece of the black faux leading was missing. I bought it, took my handi dandy Sharpie marker and colored on the stained glass where it should be and voila! Bet you can't guess where the "repair" is! (It's the bottom edge of the white shape touching the left bottom of the rose.)
The total cost was $25 and time spent was about 30 seconds! And how is this inspirational? We are to be good stewards of all God gives us! This is not only saving money, but recycling! Praise the Lord in ALL THINGS! If you'd like more of these, let me know and have a super day!

This lovely alpha goes with the Golden Peacock Stars in the store.
If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future and please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Link expired. You can now get this alpha with numbers and punctuation at my PayPal store along with matching the matching Golden Peacock Stars for only $2.99 here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.
Digifree

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


7 comments: to “ GldPeacockAlpha_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster