You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Hamburger_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

A dear follower of this blog recently shared a couple of devotionals she received from The Word For Today. They were so powerful that I want to share them with you in prayer that you too will be blessed. Here is one of them:

Today, encourage somebody (2)

  • "'Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.' Proverbs 12:25
Henry Ford and Thomas Edison were friends; they met at a convention sponsored by Edison's company where Ford worked as an engineer. Someone introduced Ford to Edison as 'a young man who has made a gas car.' Ford and Edison talked a while about the automobile, then Edison banged his fist on the table with excitement. 'You have it! Your car is self-contained and carries its own power plant.' Ford later recalled, 'No man up to then had given me any encouragement. I had hoped that I was headed right. Sometimes I knew that I was, sometimes I only wondered, but here, out of a clear sky, the greatest inventive genius in the world had given me complete approval.' Sir Isaac Newton is best known for his Theory of Gravitation and description of the Three Laws of Motion. But Newton might never have published his work had it not been for Edmond Halley. A well-respected scientist in his own right, Halley visited Newton at Cambridge to discuss a problem he was working on, only to discover that Newton had already solved it. Halley encouraged Newton to publish his work, and even offered to do it at his own expense. The result was the publication of Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica in 1687, which laid the groundwork for the study of mathematics and changed the way people see the world.

Who can you encourage to do great things? Who has God put into your life to cheer on, raise up, or assist on their journey? When you help others to do the things God created them to do, you share in their achievement.


MoneySaverTip24: Counter Top
This one you'll never believe, but necessity is truly the mother of invention. Again for those who haven't been following, my house was foreclosed, vacant and vandalized for years before I got it. It needed everything! Among problems we could live with for a while was a really messed up kitchen counter. It is one of those faux ones you buy at Home Depot or Lowe's and had been beaten up pretty well and was UGLY too! I priced buying a new one and how to put it in and that wasn't an option from many angles so...
  • As with all my repairs, I'd go to one of the hardware stores, describe my problem then write down what they told me to buy and how to do it. I'd go home and try, and sometimes it was a process of several trips before all was going well. They were SUPER! Don't be afraid to ask!
  • I told them I was going to refinish my counter. After the shock of, "You can't do that!" wore off, I bought a few things and here's how it went.
  • I used wood filler to fill the small defects and sanded it smooth.
  • I lightly sanded the entire counter to roughen the smooth finish so it would accept product, being careful to remove all dust.
  • I painted it with a special glossy surface primer per directions.
  • Then I painted it with two coats of my wall paint...yes, that's what I had so that's what I used...a neutral white wall paint.
  • This is the step I wish someone else had advised me on, because over the years it has yellowed, but it was beautiful for quite a while. I bought the high gloss finish they recommended and in the end had put on three coats for longevity.
  • Now this stuff really smelled and was not good for you. I ended up tacking thick painters plastic over the door from the kitchen into the house and it really helped once I had it up, but it was a rough couple of days for the girls and I.
In the end, I had a fairly normal looking glossy counter that was smooth and all one color. It no longer was a sore thumb. I have used it for 12 yrs. now I think and it's only started to chip a little from heavy things dropped on it in the last 2 yrs. It's still wholly usable and though it took time and was a LOT of work, it saved a lot of money and I knew I was not able to install a new L-shaped counter myself. I had more time than money. I have been careful not to set hot things on it but rather put them on the stove. And I learned not to set plastic bags or boxes on it while wet because the print will come off onto the counter. A nylon scratchy pad removes it, but also some of the gloss. It's not a big deal to set those things in my dish rack to avoid the situation.
So, again I'd encourage you not to be intimidated by "doing it the right way". Be creative. Some repair is better than none! (Still need to refinish the cabinets...)

The total cost was $ . including tax and time spent was about 10 minutes. And how is this inspirational? We are to be good stewards of all God gives us! This is not only saving money, but recycling! Praise the Lord in ALL THINGS! If you'd like more of these, let me know and have a super day!

A visitor has posted that this is the Burger King sandwich and that it's not legal for me to give it to you. I didn't know and I am very sorry. I have deleted the file. Whoever you are, thank you for telling me. Please come back tomorrow as I have a freebie for you every day. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.
Digifree

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 comments: to “ Hamburger_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster