You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

PizzaPhotoCorners_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

A dear Sister-In-Christ sent me this absolutely wonderful prayer. It so blessed me that I'm giving it to YOU!

Dear God:
The lady reading this is beautiful, classy, strong and I love her.
Help her live her life to the fullest.
Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations.
Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love.
Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most,
and let her know when she walks with You, she will always be safe.
Love you girl!!

MoneySaverTip27: Walls
When I got my house it had been foreclosed, vacant and vandalized for years. It needed almost everything. I had almost no money, so I did as much of the work as I could myself, with my future husband's help. Among the more major problems was that the bathtub had cracked and rotted the floor to the floor joists. (It was helped by the sink doing the same and ruining the cabinet too.) The only way I could replace it with a one piece shower/tub unit was to tear down the perfectly good wall it was on, which was our living room on the other side. I ended up having to remove the walls up to the window all the way around the room.

I had watched the do it yourself shows when we had cable in the apartment, so I had the basics of how to drywall. It didn't look that hard. That is until I was doing it. It was simply impossible for me to get it perfectly smooth and being who I am, I wanted it perfect! I got the living room wall to a tolerable result and put my mother's china cabinet against it which largely hid the wall. But the bathroom - no.

So, I got creative. I looked at the giant bucket of drywall compound and thought of fingerpaint. I literally fingerpainted all the wall area in my bathroom! It was fun and looked cool. I let it dry some, then went back and knocked the sharp points off the merangue pie looking surface just by rubbing my hands over it again. I let it dry for a couple of days due to it's thickness. Then I painted it with three coats of a soft neutral off white paint to seal it from the moisture. I don't have a bathroom vent, so moisture is a huge issue in there and after 12 years it is still perfect! I LOVE how it turned out. I love to just run my hands over it. I love using neutral walls so that my furnishings have a neutral palette that makes them really pop!

I made the floral arrangement and floral swag I hung as my window treatment, to coordinate with the border as well as the living/dining room and bedroom. I spray painted picture frame moulding (very inexpensive) to use as the trim above and below the discount close out border ($6.00) and also framed the mirror with it to tie it together with the rest of the house. To give the gold moulding a patina, I got a $1.98 can of black spatter paint for the top moulding after the gold dried. The smaller molding I spray painted gold ($.98) and when it was dry I brushed the texture with black acrylic paint. When it was partially dry I wiped most of it off leaving a pleasing worn look. The colors aren't showing just right in the border here - it's deep rich burgandy, golds, etc. Cheap Walmart brass colored towel rod & tissue holders. You can see the counter and cabinet I put in on the post about making your own potpourri. The counter looks marble and the cabinet is dark wood to match the window, door and floor molding.
Years layer when it was time to redo the upstairs bathroom with it's utterly horrid wallpaper, badly stained and falling down in places, despite following all directions carefully, some of the plaster came off with the paper. Yup...there I was again with the drywall issue.

I loved the textured walls so much that I did it again, only more unique! By that time health issues made it impossible to do the exact same thing I'd done before because you have to do the entire walls fast so that nothing dries and leaving edges where you start and stop. The downstairs bathroom is very small and that was more doable, but the upstairs one is much larger.

So...necessity is the mother of invention... I made my first quilt at 21 I think. No instructions, just did it. After decades of quilting and other sewing, health issues had progressed and I was no longer able to do any of the sewing I had so long loved. But it gave me an idea...what if I quilted the bathroom walls? By dividing the walls up into crazy quilt squares (irregular), I'd be able to do as little as one square at a time and the issue of edges showing where I started and stopped wouldn't be an issue. I could do as much as I could then stop.

I got my yardstick out and drew pencil lines on the walls to divide up my quilt patches. Then armed with my happy 5 gallon bucket of joint compound I scavenged for interesting shapes to make patterns with. My youngest daughter had come home from college on summer break and was off working at Bible Camp, so all her things were upstairs in her room. I scarfed up measuring spoons, a fork, a spring, a candle holder, all kinds of interesting shapes. I quilted the room a square at a time varying the patterns in each. I let it dry a long time again as this was thicker than what I did downstairs, to allow for deeper texture. I sealed it with three coats of paint and then got a $.98 bottle of iridescent paint from the craft store and lightly brushed random squares for the sunlight to play with.

I had made the floral arrangement years ago and took the colors from it...Dusty Miller for the walls, pinks and purples from the wild flowers for accents. The rug and towels match and are a great green despite how it looks here. It's not everyone's taste, but we adore our quilted bathroom! I love feeling it, literally! My husband claimed it has his and we think it's like a spa. Click to enlarge image.Given that this was redoing the entire room except the floor (which still needs it), it was more expensive than most of the projects I share with you. And it did take a good deal of time, though it was happy time. Still, it was phenomenally cheaper than hiring someone and if only you could see the "before", you'd know just how much we love this.

$500 to have professionals put a liner in the cracked tub...which isn't holding up well.
$65 for the white cabinet at Target
$19 for the towel rack at Bed, Bath & Beyond
$40 for the shower curtain at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Inexpensive brushed nickle fixtures from Lowe's or Home Depot
$20 rug at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Cheap towels
$10 for both candle holders & candles at Silk Tree
$15 for brushed nickle shower curtain hooks at Bed, Bath & Beyond
$25-30 Light fixture from Lowe's or Home Depot
2 Quaker bird prints $5 each on line in inexpensive Target frames
Drywall Compound
Paint - 1 for walls, white enamel for the rest.

And how is this inspirational? We are to be good stewards of all God gives us! This is not only saving money, but recycling! Praise the Lord in ALL THINGS! If you'd like more of these, let me know and have a super day!

Today I'm giving you some fun Photo Corners that are pizza slices to go with the pizzas I've already given you. Have fun!

If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future and please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.
Digifree

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ PizzaPhotoCorners_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster