You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Rt66_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

Today I have another FABULOUS worship song for you. It's been a big favorite since I first heard it. It's a very ancient song that Aaron added a chorus to.
My Savior My God by Aaron Shust lyrics:
I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

Chorus (2x's)
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring;
That He who lives to be my King Once died to be my Savior

That He would leave His place on high And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior
Chorus (2x's)
(Instrumental)
Chorus: (2x's)
My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior loves, My Savior lives

MoneySaverTip36: Hanging Draperies
On Aug. 26th I posted two other window treatments. Here's another one. As I've said before, when I got my house, it had been foreclosed, vacant, vandalized and empty for years, so there were many needs and almost no funds to bring the entire house up to livable, so I had to be creative. This is one of my bedroom windows. Remember, we don't see these up close in normal life. This isn't a great picture and the colors are true. The bottom picture is more accurate.There are three windows in this room. I got three matching lace panels at a yard sale in the rich part of town for a total of $10. One was a bit off white, but by hanging it on the wall that had only one window, the eye assumes it's lighting.

  • I got inexpensive metal clip hangers from Bed, Bath & Beyond and hung the lace this way for more interest even through they had the opening for the rod at the top (and gorgeous scallops at the bottom). I was told they were from France.
  • I bought curtains from Walmart, thin and veeerrry cheap as I needed THREE sets. Needless to say, they aren't lined to delay fading. I decided that I'd hang them on rods longer than the windows so I could hang the curtains against wall instead of windows to protect them. This also makes my windows look larger and the curtains look better quality as there is no sun shining through them to show how thin they are.
  • I picked satin yard goods at Walmart to pick up the burgundy in the print and bought enough to make long scarves for draping on each window and hanging almost to the floor, put narrow seams in them and they were done.
  • I put up plastic mini-blinds for about $3 per window.
  • When I looked for rods that would look ok, since most of the rod would show with the curtains all the way to the sides and only a scarf draped in between, the pricing was awful. I ended up with plain round hollow black metal rods from Walmart. Since I was hanging my curtains outside the windows, there was no size rod that fit and I didn't have equipment to cut the metal, nor the desire to pay for product I wouldn't use. I got the closest size and then pulled the hollow ends apart. I had a wooden dowels of the right diameter that I'd saved from something else and inserted them into both ends to join them, (trimmed to be the proper length). It added strength to the rod so I inserted it a long way on both sides. The only place it shows at all is on the back facing the wall and I used a sharpie marker on it as the rod is black.
  • I needed a way to mount them to the walls and mounts were pricey too, but I found these very simple holders at Walmart.
  • So now I had raw rod ends showing outside my curtains. I got these cheap metal finials to match the rods at Walmart.
  • I had luscious silk vines who's colors were perfect and also had a glint of gold here and there (carrying on the theme from the house) from my floral business days and draped them over the left end of each rod for a rich finishing touch. (You might remember them from my "pillar" post).
Now before I give you the cost, there's more.
  • The curtains had come with nasty valences. I took them apart and attached them end to end making one long, narrow strip. I pinned the two ends to the two sides of my box spring at the head of the bed. Then I experimented with pinning a pleat into it every so often till I'd taken up all the slack around the bed and made a stylish bedskirt. With it pinned, I took it off the bed, pressed the pleats in and ran a top-stitch around the top edge to hold the pleats in. Then I took the old fashioned upholstery tacks (a clear head with a sharp cork-screwed "pin" that you twist into upholstery to hold things) and attached it to the box springs at the ends and each pleat.
  • I had bought extra yardage of the maroon satin I used on the windows. I seamed two pieces up the center to make it as wide as my comforter. I got a very inexpensive sheet in a color to co-ordinate and seamed three sides of it to the satin making a slip-cover, a duvet, for my comforter that would match the window treatments. I closed it with velcro at the open edges. Were I to do it again I'd do buttons. See the scalloped lace at the window?
So now I have an entire bedroom that matches and looks quite expensive and the colors go with the living/dining room and the bathroom between! (check earlier posts for pictures). Want to know what the entire thing cost - windows AND bed? $257 including tax! Yup! And it wasn't at all hard to do. I found this rug that goes perfectly at a flea market for $136. As to what I saved on this project I can't even speculate. I know that my daughters and I recently were looking at duvets and they alone were running well over $300 - and mine you can toss in the washer!! The total cost was so much less than going the traditional ready made route entirely and those who come to my home say it looks very rich and elegant.

Today's gift isn't as high a quality as I like to give as my photo wasn't as clear, but so many of us have vacations including this famous historic route that I thought you might find a use for it. I've used it in a small version and it prints just lovely!
If you download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. This helps me to know what you like for the future and please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!

Thank you all so very much for your support this year - your visits, your comments in posts and e-mail, and especially your prayers for the mission of this blog - to share the love of Christ, for an entire year now! Wow! I'm completely blown away by all God has done, including blessing me with such cherished new friends around the world! Recently I started expiring some of the links for the free gifts I've given you every day this year and have collected them into kits to sell in an effort to recoup some of the expense of running the blog. A special hug and deep gratitude to those of you who have bought something to help! God bless you! To say THANK YOU to ALL OF YOU in a more tangible way, I'm putting the entire store on sale from Saturday the 12th through Saturday the 19th! If you buy two kits, you can have a third kit of equal or lesser value FREE! Just e-mail me at lynette@lynettesphotoart.com and tell me the kit names you want and I'll send you a PayPal invoice. Or you can just use the Buy It Now buttons for the two most expensive items and then e-mail me the name of your choice of FREE KIT. Now's DEFINITELY the time to scarf up on all my goodies including several fall kits and a winter one - NO LIMITS! There are 51 kits for sale now, so there's something for EVERYONE! Thank you for helping in this work for God! Click image to go to the store.
Download here. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.
Digifree

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ Rt66_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster