You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

PatPaper5_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

The last two days I have been sharing about the power of "renewing our minds" in Christ and what a profound difference it can make in our lives. Today I want to continue with another powerful example to encourage you to try this in your own lives. I'd encourage you to read yesterday's post which laid the scriptural background for the subject and the day before which gave a very powerful and intimate example of God using this in my life. (Click to go to those posts.)

My hope is that by sharing real life applications of God's Word, as difficult as it is for me to share, it will encourage others to see that His Word is not some dead dusty book, not impotent words on paper, but the absolute key to an abundant life here on earth. It is the way to walk in the fullness of His promises no matter what life hands you. I guess when people think a Christian is this perfect (or someone who thinks himself a perfect) person who's life is above all the trials and tribulations of common man, they don't listen as well as when they know we are no different, only saved by grace. That is what I hoped to achieve by being transparent in my testimony that is included in every download. (I hope everyone reads it.) That is why I'm sharing this today, which I'm finding exceedingly painful and difficult - even harder than two days ago. I wouldn't share this if I didn't feel God wants me to at this time, to help someone out there. I am His, bought with a price, and my answer to Him is always "yes" no matter the cost. Though God healed what I'm about to share fully and permanently, I am still in the process of God healing this general subject matter in my life and that is why this is so hard.

I have been a victim of violent crime of the most intimately violating nature more times in my life than is believable. It left me with post traumatic stress syndrome and the inability to emotionally cope with forced physical contact of an intimate nature. Most of the time I'm fine, but there are certain situations and certain violations, that might not bother others, that dissolve me into helpless hysteria and plunge me into a place of death that before I came to Christ could last years.

Just such a nightmare happened a few years ago when returning home from spending a magical Christmas with my daughters who had flown me to LA to be with them. I was all but gang raped for two hours by a large mixed group of airport security, all because I forgot and wore an under-wire bra. Additionally they weren't going to let me fly home and I had no other options. I was finally allowed on the plane at the very last moment, so traumatized that I wept all the way home to Alabama. I was barely functional and barely existing in an all to familiar black place you wouldn't want me to describe.

Then one day I absolutely had to leave the house and of course there was a praise and worship cd playing when I started the car. It was harder to leave the safety of my home than any can imagine if you haven't been in my situation. I had only gotten three blocks when "Voice of Truth" started playing and the Holy Spirit pointed out the words and then brought them to life in me.

God used the song to remind me of this life changing truth, that we must rebuke thoughts and feelings contrary to His Word and consciously choose to believe what His Word says on every subject at all times. This song addresses this subject in such a powerful way. God used this song to show me I was needing to identify what messages I was listening to (in my head) and believing on this subject. Once He got my attention it was easy to tell who I was listening to - the enemy of my soul who only steals, kills and destroys. I consciously chose to believe the truth God tells us in His Word on this subject and the burden lifted IMMEDIATELY and never returned.

Disciplining our thought life is SO IMPORTANT!
But it only works if you read the Bible so it is living in you for the Holy Spirit to bring to your remembrance as Jesus said He would. I hope you take a moment and watch this and really pay attention to the words - it could change your life!


Lyrics to The Voice Of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand

But the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

Chorus:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.


Now for today's gift - I have just given you 12 different pattered overlays to make papers with. I thought you might also like my example papers, so I'll be giving you one of my preview papers each day till you have all 6. Enjoy!
If you like it well enough to download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!
Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.
Digifree CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ PatPaper5_by_LynettesPhotoArt

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster