You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

FeltRibbonFlowers8_by_LynettesPhotoArt  

My TV runs ads all day long from lawyers wanting us to use them to sue other people for "accidents". The hook is literally, "Will you go for the MOST MONEY for me? YES!!!" This message runs every few minutes with several passionate variations, always for the "most money".

This is appealing to the sin of greed. Unashamed, open greed. Sin.

Wanting what is "fair" is fine. Wanting "the MOST possible" is greed. An "accident" is just that, an accident, and they happen to all of us. When you have an accident, do you want others to view it as an opportunity to get rich? Jesus taught us to treat others as we want to be treated.

Another thing to think of is the results of enormous court settlements on normal people who didn't necessarily do anything wrong, just had an accident. Yes, many times insurance pays, but only to the policy limits. People sometimes loose their homes and all they have. Who do you know that has hundreds of thousands of dollars? What happens to them and their families when they are ordered to pay these sums? Again, a "fair" settlement for the specific situation is fine. But do think of the life destroying consequences for people and their families when huge settlements are decreed for things that weren't actually their fault, just an accident. They may even be brothers and sisters in Christ whom we will one day meet in eternity. Will we have destroyed their lives here out of the sin of greed? The Bible even tells us that we are NOT to go to court with brethren over anything, but rather to let the church leadership decide such things.

With such messages filling our minds continually, we would do well to remember that greed is indeed a SIN and that we are to be focused on storing up imperishable riches where thief cannot steal and moth cannot destroy - in heaven!

  • "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
My new gifts for you are these Felt & Ribbon Flowers I made from an image I found on the web. Collect one every day!If you like it well enough to download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ FeltRibbonFlowers8_by_LynettesPhotoArt

  • deltalady6
    May 22, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

    I agree completely! That's why insurance is so expensive, because of greed & unnecessary litigation. Thank you!

  • CraftCrave
    May 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

    Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [22 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

  • Tam
    May 22, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

    I so appreciate your comments - and you are so right! I rarely watch commercial television, as the commercials infuriate me, glorifying all the wrong things and promoting self and want above all else. I hate that our society is "that" target audience!

  • Tam
    May 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

    I also want to say that I am SO impressed with your art and will be planning to buy some of it in the near future! You have an eye for it!

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster