You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Conrad's Hawaii Kit by Lynette's Photo Art  


Please take a moment to read this, it would mean a great deal to me. My gift for you today is a special tribute to Conrad's beloved Hawaii.

Today I'm sharing our beloved Brother in Christ, Conrad Ahia, with you. He's a giant of a man in every way and an precious servant of God. Hawaiian by birth he used the amazing voice God gave him to sing and perform as a fire dancer in huge shows in Hawaii and around the world. He would tell you that he was a very "bad" man, one to be feared with a very dark past, before he met our Lord Jesus Christ, so his salvation is so dear to him. I can't picture that man as the only Conrad I have known is a peaceful 6'4" teddy bear of joy, love, laughter and praise for His Savior and God. He's a fabulous example of being "radically saved" - a life totally changed and now a glory to God.

Below his picture is a picture of one of his CDs and it has my favorite song of his on it...he was singing it when my husband and I met him years ago, Kanaka Waiwai. My husband had been asked to come lead praise and worship at an event only to find once there that another man would be sharing that function. This giant of a Hawaiian stepped onto the platform with his tiny 3/4 guitar and started singing a praise and worship song in Hawaiian. It was so beautiful it's one of those moments frozen in my memory forever. It was love at first sound! I can see in my mind just where I was standing as I heard the first notes. I later memorized it phonetically so I could sing it too through the years. Just months ago I sang it with him as he came to lead praise and worship at the tiny church my husband started two years ago. He said he'd never heard anyone else sing it and it made him happy.

Photo by Tony Novak-Cilfford

He was having trouble with his vision the short time he worked with us in the church (a full hours' drive each way for all of us) and he would ride with us. His younger sister died in March in Hawaii at only 46 yrs. He is 49. He went home to help his parents tie things up. When he came home, results of tests were in and the answer was brain tumors. This morning he truly "faded into glory" (title of his CD) to be with the One he loved and worshiped so, who saved him from all the bad things in his past and filled his life with good things including a lovely wife and two daughters, 10 &9.

It's been hard. I was so sure God would heal him that I hadn't even really considered this possibility. A very hard day, but we take comfort in God's goodness and faithfulness knowing where our brother is now. His faith and passion for our Savior and God are good examples to us all and all I can see when I think of him is his sparkling eyes and huge warm smile as his rich low laughter filled any room. This is my tribute to our beloved brother Conrad. Thank you Lord so much for letting us be honored by having Conrad in our lives and we pray that you comfort Jennifer and the girls as only you can. May we too be found worthy through Your grace to attain that day, in Jesus' name, amen!

I know Conrad's deepest wish for everyone of you is the same as mine, that you repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, are immersed in water baptism and live faithfully the rest of your lives that you might be saved. In honor of His walk with God and this his first day at home with Him, I'm giving you this kit, Conrad's Hawaii, in hopes that you will read this little bit I wrote about this wonderful Christian man and that your hearts might be moved toward salvation, or that you be encouraged if you are already saved. God bless every one of you and God bless Conrad's family and the many of us who's lives he blessed.

As I published this just now I read today's Bible verse in the left column...how appropriate:
  • “For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity].” (Philippians 1:21)
If you like it well enough to download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


6 comments: to “ Conrad's Hawaii Kit by Lynette's Photo Art

  • deltalady6
    August 19, 2010 at 12:59 AM  

    Oh, Lynette, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing! He sounds like a wonderful man. I pray he has peace with our Lord, and that God comfort all his family & friends. The kit is beautiful & a lovely tribute. Thank you & hugs!

  • Lady Carolyn
    August 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

    Thank you for this kit. Best wishes.

  • agravette
    August 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

    I'm so sorry for your loss, but know you are taking comfort in the fact that he is now with Jesus. God bless you and I'll be praying for you and for his family.

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

    Beautiful kit for a beautiful person. Sorry for your loss! May he find peace with Jesus Christ. -Amy

  • deb
    August 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was an amazing man of God. I am going to share this with my friend who has family in Hawaii. Thank you also for sharing Conrad's Hawaii and his story.

  • Lil Miss Persephone
    August 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

    Dear Lyn,

    I am so very sorry for your loss, I truly took a great moment of reflection and peace in your words, as I always do, and I can imagine you were very special to your beautiful friend (and what a voice!)
    You never get over death of someone you love, but then again, you never would want to either.
    In time, it's less pain and more memories of laughter and love, that this man obviously shared with all.
    You are blessed to of known him and yet you will be reunited, so you can sing together once more.

    Bless your heart to heal soonest,
    Renee
    xxx

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster