You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Paper Roses Templates by Lynette's Photo Art  

For since the creation of the world, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen in all the world around us, so that no one has an excuse for not believing in God. Romans 1:20
In class last Sunday I was talking with the kids about the wonder and glory of fall. We talked about all the details that work together to create these fabulous colors. We talked about the fact that God chose what the laws of science and nature would be and causes it all to work together perfectly - and voila - autumn! God is not confined to the laws of science, He chose and created them. WE are confined by them!!!

Fall is just one moment of God fulfilling this scripture. He has shown His power and superiority in everything that He has created. There is no way man can live in this world and not see the creation about him and know there is a God, someone much greater than man, who created and watches over all of this. There is no way any intelligent person could say it all happened by accident. Even those who say this can't explain where the original elements and power came from that they say began life. Where did they come from? They still haven't come up with any explanation for this amazingly delicate, detailed and intertwining cycle of life here on earth. Both the big bang theory and the theory of evolution start with basic materials already in existence and then they go from there. Where did the basic material and the energy that supposedly acted on those elements to create life come from? Man so desperately wants to disprove that there is an eternal divine God, then man could live any way he wished without consequence. But they can't prove this as His very existence is evident in everything around us and the very makeup of our own bodies!

So, in keeping with God's beautiful creation - I saw the most beautiful paper roses at Paper Studio and just had to try them for myself. There is a fabulous video tutorial at http://paperstudioink.blogspot.com/2010/10/tuesday-tutorial-making-paper-flowers.html. They used one of those expensive machines to cut their shapes out, but I don't have one, so...I needed to make myself a template. I created the shape and then since I had no idea how large her flowers were, I made it in six different sizes from 2"-4.5". She curled the petals on a wooden skewer. I didn't have one, so I curled mine over a thin screw driver. She used some wonderful fast drying glue. I didn't have it, so I used a very thin layer of low melt glue and it worked fine. I made sure to curl the glued petals immediately after gluing before it hardened. I didn't have 2-sided paper, or that intriguing finishing spray she used, but I think my first three roses turned out pretty well! Enough to make me want to keep practicing!!!

So, the good news for you is that since I made all those different size templates, I'm going to give them to all of you who don't have fancy cutting machines either! So, enjoy and fill the world with lovely paper roses! I would love to see your creations and share them with everyone here! A big thank you to the ladies at Paper Studio for bringing this to my attention - now we can all make these little beauties! TTFN!
PS...I just got my mail...is your box filling up with political junk like mine? As I was tossing it it occurred to me that they are printed on nice heavy cardstock and they are glossy and rich... yup! I used the piece of cardstock I had cut the roses above out of as a template, traced three of my flowers onto the political paper and made this lovely flower out of it! :) The Lord promises beauty for ashes - here's ashes turned into beauty!!! :)
If you like it well enough to download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ Paper Roses Templates by Lynette's Photo Art

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster