You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Christmas Card by Lynette's Photo Art  

This started as a project for my Bible class, but I loved the results so much that I've made some to use as my own Christmas cards this year! They will need to be hand canceled, but they aren't very thick at all. We will make them in class closer to the holiday.
So, as part of teaching on thankfulness and honoring our parents, I designed this card for each child to make two, one for their mother and one for their father - saying thank you. Having no special scrapping equipment and needing to keep the cost down while making it simple to assemble, I chose to make each card half the length of a standard 8.5x11" piece of card stock (2 per sheet then folded in half). I already had the envelopes that fit this size card.

The inspiration for the card was miniature crystal snowflake ornaments by A Tree For Me at Hobby Lobby. There are 9 per card for $1.99 and I got them at 40% off.

I designed the back and inside of the card in PhotoShop and printed them on both sides, then cut the two cards apart (in half vertically) and then folded them.
I designed the striped snowflake paper in PhotoShop. It's not the blue in these pictures, but a bit dusty and soft with a rusty red on the bright white paper. I know my printer won't print a margin all the way around my sheet so I designed an inset of the striped paper for each card. Sadly, when I printed, one card was fine, but the one at the bottom of the paper had a wider margin and ruined the stripes.

I decided to print a solid sheet of card stock with the striped snowflake pattern on it and then cut it into smaller rectangles and have the children glue stick them to the centers of the fronts of the cards.

Next they will run a bead of Tacky Glue around the outer edges of the striped piece. It doesn't have to be perfect.

I dumped Twinkle Snow ($2.99 at Hobby Lobby and I got it at 40% off) in a rectangular dish (to contain the mess - it has a lid :).

They will turn the card glue side down in the Twinkle Snow and press gently, then tap it off on the edge of the dish to knock off loose flakes.

I designed a white disk in PhotoShop to center the snowflake ornaments on so they'd show up better, then stroked the edge with blue. I printed a full sheet of them and cut them out, then used a hole punch near the top.

I threaded the silver ornament hanger through the punched hole in the disk.

Using a large eyed upholstery needle, I threaded the end of the ornament hanger through the needle and then poked it through to the inside of the card just below the Twinkle Snow at the top. I pulled it through to the inside until the disk and snowflake were centered in the card front.

I took a very narrow sparkly silver ribbon ($.64 at Hobby Lobby on sale) to match the ornament hanger and tied bows. A small amount of low melt glued attached the bow on top of the hole, securing the hanger too.

The hanger sticks up in the pictures, but after I bent them down and closed the cards in a stack, the hangers lay inside the cards unnoticed. You could always secure it with a tiny piece of tape. When the recipient wants to remove the ornament to use it, there is only a tiny amount of glue on the front that will easily be removed.
And there you have it! Simple and elegant sparkling winter cheer to share! Today's gift for you is the snowflake paper I designed for this project so that you can make your own cards if you like. Hope you enjoyed this and I'd love to see what you make. If you like it well enough to download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Christmas Card by Lynette's Photo Art

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster