You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Paper Flowers 4 & 5 and a freebie  

Don't you love re-purposing things? It's always an adventure, money saving and keeps things out of the land fills. It gives you a real sense of accomplishment.

When making paper flowers, you need cardstock, papers and tools to make them. As always, necessity is the mother of invention and I've come up with some "work arounds" that not only save money, but recycle. I'd love it if you'd share your own ideas in posts here so we could all try them out.

Papers/cardstock - at $.69 for one half sheet of paper at JoAnn's Fabrics, even though it's exactly what I wanted to make hydrangeas out of, it's simply not happening. I see lots of digital and real papers made with print on them, old weathered print on grungie papers and crisp new print. Why pay for it? I take junk mail from my mailbox and punch and cut my shapes from them. It comes in a variety of weights, some glossy, some matte. I also punch those yellow envelopes things come in and brown lunch bags. Last night we finished a Kleenex box and I punched every inch of it (except where it was more than one thickness). I got lots of the printed decorative design from the box and the pieces that weren't good on that side are perfect gray cardboard elements on the other side!

I save my punched shapes in snack size Ziplock bags (which I use over and over) to keep them separated, though when making the flowers I like to mix and match them. Collections of flowers I've completed I also keep in the little bags with a little air blown in as cushion, to keep them together and protected until I have a use for them. Price - free!

You could just store the junk mail in a box like you would files, to keep until a project for them came up. You could sort them by paper type (cardstock, glossy, matte, etc.) or by color.

Flower making tools - I saw a lovely set of tools for $15 that I'd like to have, but... First I recognized a strange tweezer I'd seen amongst my Daddy's old tools that I inherited (and treasure). So that's what it was! LOL - I'd always thought they were somehow broken because I couldn't make them work!!! LOL! Then to shape the punched flower pieces, they had a tool to rub in the centers to give them shape. I searched the house for something about that diameter and smoothly rounded to use instead. I came up with a paintbrush end! It works great. For smaller jobs, a smaller paint brush. Price - free!

Aren't they lovely? I've made them into elements for you in my Paper Flowers 4 & 5 Kit available now in my PayPal Store for just $1.99. They go perfectly with my Bunnies 'n' Bows Kit.













If you like it well enough to download, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Today's gift is the freebie for Bunnies 'n' Bows. Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Paper Flowers 4 & 5 and a freebie

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster