You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Diary of a Failed Children's Craft Part 3 & a freebie  

I still have such delicious visions of what I could do with Shrinky Dink media, and two failed tries isn't enough to give up, so... here's try three, (my second try for the inkjet product).
At least it didn't stick to the surface this time. *sigh* :(

So, I like to take junk and make it into something useful/beautiful - what about this tragic mess? First I used a Sharpie ultra-fine point permanent marker and re-drew all the outlines. I let it dry then I used my color Sharpie permanent markers. Sadly the assortment wasn't great, but I set about coloring it in. I let it dry again. Then I found a metal butterfly earring I'd saved in my stash. I cut it apart and used clear Gorilla glue to attach the butterfly to the Shrinky Dink disaster. I was really unhappy about how the bow looked colored in, so I "painted" the bow with clear nail polish and then dusted it with glitter. The post part of the earring had a pretty bezel set pink rhinestone. I used tin snips to remove everything behind the bezel and Gorilla glued it in the center of the bow.

I was starting to smile again! It wasn't what it should have been, but it was turning out cute anyway! That's when I wish I'd taken a picture for you. :( Because, the next step was to let it dry and then coat the entire top with clear nail polish since it was a yucky matte finish, and to seal it. :( It was fine at first, but the longer the polish was on it, the black lines started to smear all by themselves...of course, into the white bunny. Then pretty much all the white areas were stained with a purplish black from the running outlines. :( I am wondering if I'd bought that Dimensional Mod Podge that I've been wanting to try so long, if it would have done the job without destroying it like this.
Ticket Alpha includes numbers and two rows of stitching, an alphabet and numbers. Click image to enlarge. Click Buy It Now Button below the image to purchase for $1.50 at my PayPal store. Today I'm giving you a word art made from this kit.



The stitches are adapted from ones by www.tootlebugz.com.

I love getting your comments, so please leave one at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!
Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.
The password is jesuschristislord.
Digifree CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ Diary of a Failed Children's Craft Part 3 & a freebie

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster