You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Too fun!  

This past Sunday was our monthly fellowship meal at church. I try to make fun things for the children. I had seen this idea somewhere on the web in the past, but I don't know who to thank. It's probably been done so many times that I will just say thanks to everyone! So, as I told my daughter what I was making this month, she pointed out what a great opportunity for a lesson on Jonah! I had mixed feelings. I am passionate about only saying/teaching what God's Word actually tells us and this is one of "those subjects". People have assumed it was a whale or large shark that God sent to swallow Jonah, but the Bible only says "a great fish".

  • "And the LORD appointed a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the stomach of the fish three days and three nights." Jonah 1:17
But in the end, this was just too good an opportunity to made this particular story come to life and stick in their minds, especially since I only have boys right now, so I did it and simply determined to again emphasize what God has actually said, versus what mankind has guessed it might have been and off we went!

This is what I came up with. I'm pretty happy with it, but I wish I'd put a greater slant on the bottom so it would look more like he's jumping out the water normally, rather then straight up. I thought my slant was enough, but if you make one of these, do know to put an exaggerated slant on it! One of the boys enjoyed eating the olive eyes off it ... and I kept putting more of them on! :)
I just had to share this shot as it was just so odd to open my frig and find a shark! How fun is that?! Here he is with our foam Jonah learning there is nowhere we can run from the presence of God. :)

I have a couple of kits of foam people that can not only be used in digi scrapbooking, but printed and cut out then glued to popcicle sticks or add magnets to the backs to use on a magnetic white board like I do. Check them out!
Today's freebie will be the Jesus' wanted poster I have given in the past, so if you snagged it then, you don't need to today. I love getting your comments, so please leave me a comment at the bottom of this post as I have disabled 4shared comments. Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Too fun!

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster