You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Babycakes Awesome Cake Tutorial  

16 Thus says the LORD,
“Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths,
Where the good way is, and walk in it;
And you will find rest for your souls.
But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
17 “And I set watchmen over you, saying,
‘Listen to the sound of the trumpet!’
But they said, ‘We will not listen.’
18 “Therefore hear, O nations,
And know, O congregation, what is among them.
19 “Hear, O earth: behold, I am bringing disaster on this people, The fruit of their plans, Because they have not listened to My words, And as for My law, they have rejected it also. 20 “For what purpose does frankincense come to Me from Sheba
And the sweet cane from a distant land?
Your burnt offerings are not acceptable
And your sacrifices are not pleasing to Me.” Jeremiah 5:16-20

I have made cake pops for church fellowships and haven't been completely happy with their roundness, so I have been wanting to try the Babycakes Cakepop Maker ever since I heard of one. Between a great sale at Kohl's, a 30% coupon and some Kohl's cash, I actually came home with not only a cakepop maker, but also their mini cupcake/pie maker for about half the regular price of the cheaper of the two!!! Tomorrow I'll share about the cupcake maker.

I wasn't sure how you could make the cakepops I'd been making in the Babycakes and after reading the manual, I found out you can't. But...you can make 100% cake balls in it. I thought it was worth a try. So, I've been practicing and looking for more ways to use these Babycakes.

I saw this idea done in a bundt pan on a blog recently (I don't know which blog - write me if it's yours and I'll link to you) and it kept fascinating me until I made my own this weekend for a fellowship meal at church. Man did it disappear fast!

First, reviews on line will tell you quickly that many have had poor results using cake recipes other than Babycakes' own recipes. My first attempt used their white cake recipe. I found it dry and tasteless. Some said that using one of the small cake mixes from the store would work, but my store didn't have any, so, for this cake I used the Dinette Cake recipe I've used all my life from the first cookbook I got. I chose this as it is a small cake - and it tastes wonderful!

Dinette Cake
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Put all ingredients into a large bowl. Blend 1/2 min. on low speed, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 min. high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Bake 35-45 min. until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

I divided the batter and colored each portion brightly using Wilton concentrated gel colors from Michael's. With a 50% off coupon it was $5 plus tax for a set of 8.

I don't have a bundt pan, so I used my two glass loaf pans and it worked great. I put some chocolate batter on the bottom of my greased and floured pans and then added the balls. It looked like there wasn't enough chocolate mix, but it turned out great. I dipped each ball in the batter to be sure that every ball would be separated by dark brown. Then I poured the rest of the batter over the top and gently shook to be sure I didn't have air pockets. I set the oven at 350, instead of the 400 on the box, and cooked for 43 min. The toothpick came out clean and they were perfect!
I LOVED slicing! Being a rock lover, it reminded me of the marvel of cutting just a small distance from your first slice and being blessed with another different amazing piece of art from our God, the original Artist!! I've ALWAYS marveled at that with rocks...and these loaves were the same! SO FUN! My husband and I each ate a slice. At the risk of being redundant....SO FUN!!!! But I ran into a problem with the last couple of bites - they were too pretty to eat! I just wanted to look at them! LOL!Next time I want to replace the vanilla in the cake pops with another flavor so that when you eat you taste both! My daughter suggested a white cake with red and green balls for Christmas and a brother at church put his request in for a white cake with red velvet balls for Valentines!! :) It's just a happy cake and I have enjoyed it SOOOO MUCH! Hope you do too!Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ Babycakes Awesome Cake Tutorial

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster