You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Be Wise Freebie 1  

Substitute "America" for "Jerusalem" and this is truth for us today.

16
“Report it to the nations, now!
Proclaim over Jerusalem,
‘Besiegers come from a far country,
And lift their voices against the cities of Judah.
17 ‘Like watchmen of a field they are against her round about,
Because she has rebelled against Me,’ declares the LORD.
18 “Your ways and your deeds
Have brought these things to you.
This is your evil. How bitter!
How it has touched your heart!” Jeremiah 4:16-18

Today I'm sharing the word art I made for my Be Wise Obey God lesson for my children's Bible class and a tutorial for making your own adorable owl on a branch. Tomorrow you get the coloring page and the next day the tutorial for making the sweet owl the children can make.

To make this adorable teaching aid I started by scouring my back yard for a branch. This branch is from my Twisty Baby Honey Locust and is FULL of character.

Then I cut a base large enough to stabilize the branch from foam packing that came in the mail. I always save styrofoam things as they don't biodegrade. I might as well get a second use from it before it spends eternity in a landfill!

I also keep the sheets of paper that Hobby Lobby wraps things in. I used a sheet of it to cover the foam. It didn't matter that it wasn't a perfect chunk of foam...the wrap hides all the imperfections.

Then I poked a hole in the top and secured the branch with some low melt glue.

Next I used my 1" round punch that I'd gotten from Hobby Lobby for $1.99 with a coupon and punched some scraps I'd kept of construction paper. Some I just folded in the middle and cut the fold side into the other half of a leaf and so each circle made two flat leaves. Others I folded in the middle a second time and again cut the center fold to be the other edge of a leaf and got two leaves folded in the centers from each circle. I attached them to the branch with low melt glue.

I printed the owl, cut the pieces out, constructed him and attached him to the branch with low melt glue. Then I gave him two good coats of ModPodge to help him last longer. He feels so good in your hand! He's just adorable!

Then I designed this word art to attach to the front of the base to go with my lesson - Be Wise Obey God. (Credits below image). Today you get the word art and tomorrow you get a coloring page I made to go with this lesson. Hope you enjoy...and are wise and obey the Lord! :)
I altered an alpha by http://lilou-digiscrapbooking and a background by http://vicki20.blogspot.com. The owl paper model I printed from the Epson site.

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Be Wise Freebie 1

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster