You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Crown Tutorial & Plastic Cup Flowers Freebie Part 2  

We have been learning all about King David's life in Bible Class for some time now. After all that running from King Saul who was trying to kill him, then the divided kingdom with David king over Juda and Saul's son Ishbosheth as king over Israel, now that David is finally reigning over all the kingdom, we made these fun crowns for King David!

I started by measuring their heads. That got them wondering! The average circumference was just about the width of a sheet of posterboard. So I got a piece of posterboard and a roll of aluminum tape from Home Depot. It's actually very thin metal, so you need to be careful of the edges when you work with it. My children are older and will do fine with a caution and I have prepared this ahead of time so they didn't have to handle to tape all by itself. I found it was a bit tricky to apply without any imperfections! I laid two layers of tape on top of each other and then cut it off the posterboard before making another. This way I was able to use the edge of the posterboard as a guide in placing the tape. Two layers is better than one for embossing. Even more layers gives an even more impressive result.
I snagged the big container of multi-shaped rhinestones at a half off sale at Hobby Lobby for $8 to get a variety of the big jewels for the crowns.

I took the strips to class flat and we glued the jewels on with low-melt glue. Then each child decorated their crowns by "embossing" them with dead pens, blunt pencils, etc. When done, I cut a strip of the aluminum tape and joined the ends with it. (Any trimming of length needs to be done with NOT YOUR BEST SCISSORS as it's pretty sticky.) After the ends were joined, we went back and embossed, continuing our patterns over the joint.
Tada! They really look impressive in person! Hopefully, these will help the children remember all the parts of King David's life that caused God to record in the Bible that, despite his failings, David was "a man after God's own heart". Good things for us to emulate. As we tried these crowns on, my mind went to that day when He will give us crowns.

"In the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing." 2 Timothy 4:8
My gift for you today is another installment of the Plastic Cups Flowers digital kit. Don't miss any of the downloads to get the entire kit. They are from my tutorial here. Enjoy!

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!Download here for 24 hours, then available in my store. If you can't find it, e-mail me. Check out my TERMS OF USE here.The password is jesuschristislord.Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster