You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

The Accidental Remodel Part 5 Cabinet Prep Primer  

Welcome back for Part 5 of The Accidental Remodel!

With the cabinet doors all finished, it was time to start inside.   I used the same 26 steps I listed in Part 4, along with LOTS of patching and sanding.  That impressive corner was courtesy of a puppy we had.  I told you that the "before" pictures didn't show how ugly the wood was, but now you can see!


Here's how it looked after the first coat of primer - ahhhhhh!  


I'm choosing not to freak...yet... because the first primer, even the second on the doors looked bad too.  In fact, it wasn't until the 3rd coat of paint I felt better.

The doors were hard, but this is so much harder.  After de-glossing twice, washing, drying, patching, sanding, the fact is that there are so many places I can't even get my brush, much less make nice marks.  Given that I'm not planning to paint the insides, I also have to be so careful about that...in areas I can't even access.   (Had to laugh later when someone showed me I COULD remove my drawers after all!  Too late!)

Taking it one step at a time.  Got a LOT of sanding to do when this dries, and more patching, then more sanding...

LOL and I had thought I'd get two coats of primer on today!!!  LOL! Then there's moving the fridge and doing the cabs above it, walls behind and the entire bay area and studio door...patience.  One step at a time.

I see now that the existing stove vent is going to look horrid when the paint is done.  Needs to be stainless I think because of the stove and the sink that will come with the counter.

Thanks for joining us on this adventure!

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you! Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster