You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Pottery Barn Knock Off Silver Acorns  

I love Pottery Barn's gold acorn vase filler, but I don't see any reason to pay that price when I can do it myself and have some fun!  So, Boo and I have been collecting acorns on our walks.  The weather is so wonderful and the fall colors so pretty, me and Boo and my bag of acorns!  An hour in my oven on low and they are safe from buggy surprises.

I have wanted gold ones for a long time, but what I had on hand is Krylon's Chrome spray paint, so silver they are!  It's beautiful paint and dries fast.  I hot glued the dried acorns into their caps.  The shiny silver paint made the caps look dull and too light to show up.  I could have sprayed them with a nice gloss finish, but I didn't have any.  What I did have was clear nail polish, so that's what I used.  They look great!

It turned out that silver was the perfect color!  This is how I used them, to tie my two focal points together on my coffee table.  I love the sparkly bird/branches.  Of course I'm the Mama bird and the two sparkly babies are my lovely daughters!  The story of the Pussy Willow and Kusudama Balls is here, the  Cloche is three posts back and the cotton is from my Cotton Field In My Kitchen post here , if you're interested.





The sparkly branch was from Michael's many years ago.  The birds were from Trees n' Trends years ago, but I've seen the little ones at Pier 1 this year.   The cloche and chrome paint are from Hobby Lobby and the candle inside from Bath & Body Works.  The "diamonds" in the cloche are from Hobby Lobby.   The acorns and cotton are straight from God, their Creator!

I finally made the gold leaf ones here if you'd like to see how.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you! Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster