You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Christmas Home Tour 2013  

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!   Thanks for dropping in for our Christmas Home Tour!  You'll see tons of the projects I have shared here over the years.  If you want the tutorials, just click "Christmas" in the label cloud.  If you have any trouble finding what you want, just drop me an e-mail.  I'm happy to help!


I am a bit late getting my home tour posted, but posting a Christmas project almost every day has kept me very busy.  But boy is it fun to make pretty things and I'm so blessed to be able to share them all here with all of you!  Thank you SO MUCH for coming by!


A happy addition to our Christmas home this year is Merry & Bright, two reindeer I found for next to nothing at Old Time Pottery.  They each so displayed the personalities of my two daughters that I simply couldn't leave them there.  The first day I saw them I was a "good wife" and left without them, but I couldn't sleep that night with their little faces in my mind.  So, first thing the next morning, I went and brought them home where they belong!  That's better!  Funny thing is that both girls and my husband instantly knew which was which! 





They have the tiniest little multi-colored lights wrapping their antlers.  I love them just as they are, but my oldest brought the whopping six batteries it took to light them and wow!  It's blindingly brilliant!  Even in the day time it's actually painful!  Needless to say, they aren't being lit!   LOL Rudolph must have had a LED nose!


I did post some pictures of the table earlier, but I added to it, so here's how it ended up.



These pictures kind of amaze me given that so much of this year our house was a disaster due to The Accidental Remodel.  Everything from the kitchen filled the rest of the living area and the kitchen, well, if you followed the project, you know how it was.  Now, for us to have our first holiday season with the improvements is being kind of stunning to us.  We still can't believe we are getting to live here and can't stop thanking God.   The biggest change was in the kitchen, but we also changed drapes and pillows in the living and dining rooms which really changed the look and feel of the space.


It's funny to me that this year we have all seen how much my oldest daughter has affected me in decor.  I worked closely with her rebuilding her home after the tornado in 2011.  When we started the Accidental Remodel this spring, I went with her trim color!  Mascarpone by Benjamin Moore.   Then in looking for a neutral soft tan for the walls, after eleven tries, I ended up using her Yosemite Sand!





This Christmas brought another whole level of changes in our home connected to her.  She hadn't replaced hardly any of her Christmas decor, so we did this year.  She chose bright Christmas red, white and silver as her palette.  It looks so stunning in her home!  She did a fantastic job decorating.  Then, without even noticing it, Christmas red goodies started showing up in MY home!  I have always been into the aged, weathered and rich colors.  The seventeen years we have had this house has always had a deep maroon/burgandy as the accent color, so it is a bit surprising to end up with a house FULL of bright Christmas red accents this year!  And we are loving it!  I already had a few red accents in the new kitchen and two red pillows on the sofas, but now they are everywhere!





My favorite touch is the two new throws I got from Sam's Club.  Our house is cold and covering up is serious business to start with, but I do like snuggling into a lovely bit of warm.  They were also unbelievable prices, $15 and $17!!!  And every bit as delicious as those $80 and up at Pottery Barn.  I chose two, wait for it, Christmas red ones!  One is velvety and the other is two layers of fluffy sherpa bound in velvet.  They are both too marvelous for words, but I simply can't get enough of the sherpa.  Mmmmmm!  I love them so much that I've bought about a dozen now for others.  Unbelievable blessing both in yummy warmth, and the shockingly breathtaking difference they made in the decor.  With all the new Christmas reds, these throws just put it over the top, pulling all the rooms together.  So delicious!  Baby Boo agrees!

Can you believe she's just turned five years old?  Do you remember when she first came to us, sick and almost dead at four months old?  She seems to have passed a milestone in October and has finally filled out and grown a good coat of fur.  I think something wonderful and mysterious has happened in her and we are so grateful!  Our little...HUGE blessing from God!  THANK YOU FATHER!!!!


So, from our home to yours, we pray God will bless and keep you all in His loving care and that this coming year will be the best yet for ALL of us!  God bless our servicepeople and those who risk their lives daily to protect us at home as well, the police, fire and EMTs.  God keep all these heroes safe!  May God bless America this coming year and remove the cancerous evil that is killing our democracy and restore us to our former place of grace as the beacon of hope and Christian righteousness for the world.  In Jesus' precious and holy name AMEN!  Remember, He's not the babe in the manger any more, but the Savior of the entire world and soon coming triumphant King!  We need to pick our side carefully cause there are no "do overs" on this one and the choice is eternal!  Happy New Year!

I'm posting this to The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict and The Sunday Showcase.

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you! Digifree CraftCrave CraftCrave

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Christmas Home Tour 2013

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster