You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

The Wedding Tree  

I'm sentimental.  I'm also thrifty.  And I'm crafty!  I love to save things that would be landfill.  So, here's this year's Christmas tree...

My daughter used almost entirely baby's breath in different ways at her wedding.  When we were leaving, it was going to be thrown out.  I knew what she'd paid for it, and I was having a my-daughter-just-got-married-and-drove-away moment too.  I stuffed it all in the car and we started our 12 hour drive home.  Yep, immediately after the wedding!  We even napped at a rest stop on the way.  We drove at least 24 hours out of 2 1/2 days, thanks to my husband's not so nice employer.  Yes, that stunk. 

I dried all the baby's breath.  I didn't have any plans for it.  I saved the bouquets that had been tied with burlap for the ends of the pews just as they were.  And there it's been since October 18th!

This morning I was struggling with decorating the tree.  For some reason I have been uninspired.  I finally got out the artificial flowers and such (translation:  The first things to fall out of the closet when I opened it were...).  I poked them in the tree and it was looking pretty good.  I strategically placed the sparkly items deeper in the tree (where the lights aren't working), to catch the light around them and amplify them.  It really worked!  You don't even notice there's a string not working now!  And just for my self respect, yes, three of us worked off and on for several days and can't get them to work.  (The perfectionist in me couldn't bear you thinking I was that sloppy!)

It seemed to need something else to make it "pop".  Aha!  My gaze fell on all that baby's breath!  It was perfect!  And all the white helped where the lights are out too.  Such an easy time decorating too!  I only used a  couple of white paper ornaments I made in the past, the artificial flowers/items, and the baby's breath.  It looks so gorgeous!  And it was quick and will be quick to put away too!  Hallelujah!

I collected all the little baby's breath blossoms that fell and plan to put them in a clear glass ornament for her, with their names and wedding date on it.  Did I mention I'm sentimental?  :)

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmastime!  God bless you and yours!

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ The Wedding Tree

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster