You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Explosion Box 1 - at last!  

Tonight's a BIG victory for me!  I have had this post partially done for THREE YEARS and tonight I've finally finished it! 

Don't you just love explosion boxes? They are so fun and full of surprises!   Well, I made three of them in 2012 and always meant to share them, but never managed to find the time to finish this first post.  Tonight I FINALLY have one of them to share! 

If you follow my blog, you might remember seeing my tutorial on turning plastic cups into beautiful 3D flowers.   I have made a digital scrapbooking kit of these 3D beauties too that's available here.  I knew I'd find something to use them on and this was it! I love how all the plastic cup elements add such a different flavor and texture to my scrapping, and they didn't go into the landfill!  Can you spot all the shapes I punched from the plastic cups?


Here are the first plastic cup flowers!  They have rhinestone centers.  The lower set of petals have a marvelous bumpy texture and the top petals are smooth.  I love that!  I just punched them from different areas of the cups.  The leaves are made from the cups too.  You can't tell from the pictures, but some of the text and graphics in this paper set have a delightfully embossed subtle glitter accents!  


Among the tons of delightful surprises throughout the box, look at the tiny book I made and left loose inside the box when it's closed.  Every page has an oval picture frame.  Slip a photo into the envelope from the top and add the journaling on the page facing it.  Wrap the green floss around the two rhinestone filled brads to close the book.  Too sweet!!!

The discs on the ring have paper on one side and are white to add your photo on the other side.  The little green pocket is filled with white tags to attach your photos too on one side and journal on the backs.

In the center is a row of plastic cup flowers with rhinestone centers.  There is a yellow plastic cup petal on the page to the left attached with a pink rhinestone filled brad.  The page to the right is woven strips adorned by butterflies that I colored with ink sprays and finished with 3D gloss.

The page to the top has a scroll for photos or journaling as you wish rolled up and secured with a green bow.  The bottom page has an embossed aluminum foil covered heart shape tucked into a strip of flowers punched from plastic cups.  A photo could be tucked in behind it.

The two flowers in the lower left corner are made of plastic cup punches and rhinestones.


In the upper left photo you see a pink page with blue cording to tuck photos or other treasures underneath.  It is finished with a plastic cup flower with a yellow rhinestone center.  In the top right photo we have two plastic cup petals on one page and a stack with a plastic cup disc on top attached with a green rhinestone filled brad and gold brads to it's sides.

The lower left photo has a pink picture frame to slide a photo behind, decorated with a ribbon bow and pink rhinestone and enamel butterfly dangle.  When scrapping, think out of the box and use bits and pieces of things you've saved.  All the metal enamel butterfly elements I used were parts of old earrings.  Lovely touches and they didn't cost a thing!  Beneath that is an embossed card with baby buttons sewn to it that tucks away out of sight.

The lower right photo has a pocket made from a large white label in the center.  It's stuffed with cards to add photos or jouraling to the backs.  There is a green enamel butterfly next to it.

Above it is a butterfly pocket for photos and goodies to snuggle into.


The upper left photo has more scalloped punched trim with a plastic cup flower and rhinestone center.  Across from it is a page with ribbons to tuck photos behind and a journal card.  The upper right photo features more plastic cup flowers.

The lower left photo has a strip of flowers punched from a plastic cup attached with brads to tuck photos behind.  The lower right photo has another picture frame to slip a photo behind.

I'm not sure all the details are shown, but it gives you an idea of the possibilities.  Truly, they are endless!  I love how it turned out.  It's bright and cheerful and filled with fun secrets to discover.  I gave it to my daughter who I'd describe just the same way! 

I still want to share the other two boxes, but it's 1:30 in the morning and I need to head to bed!  I'll see if I can't share them sooner than another THREE YEARS!!!!  :)  Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for stopping by!  If you want to make one, there are tons of Youtube videos on it, but the only part that you might need it for is to show you that each of the three layers need to be a little smaller than the one before it, so it all folds up nicely once you have filled it!  And of course they are good for getting ideas!  TTFN and God bless you!

UPDATE:  I have gotten all three boxes posted and you can see the other two here and here!

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster