You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Explosion Box 2 - Grungy!  

After such a looooong wait, here is the second of the three explosion boxes I made THREE YEARS ago!  I love this one too.  It's a grungy box I made for my sister.  Since I don't share their images on line, my pictures of the box won't be as pretty, but you all have loved ones too so I know you understand.


The top has a chunky, textured initial embellished with rhinestones.  I stamped the butterflies on the paper and also a red paper which I cut out and attached as 3D interest.  There is grosgrain ribbon with rhinestones on the sides of the lid.  The body of the box is too fun - it's FLOCKED!  Here's a fun peek inside at the goodies!  You are seeing a ring of discs of scrap paper which she can add photos and journaling to the backs.  I made another of my precious tiny picture albums to tuck inside. 


The little book has a cover of flocked paper and closes with floss wrapped around black brads.  She can slip a photo behind each of the round frames and journal about them on the page facing the photos.  I just LOVE these little books!

In the upper left photo you see a brown box I made and tucked a bunch of white tags into.  Each of those tags have the face and name of someone she loves on them.  She can write on the backs.  The box is decorated with more of the plastic cup flower punch outs I mentioned in my last post and some tiny paper flowers with rhinestone centers.   The tutorial for the plastic cup flowers is here and another explosion box I made featuring them is here.  I also have a digital scrapbooking kit of these 3D beauties available here.

There is a black photo frame on the bottom page, and on the top page there are four flaps (flocked!).  Two flaps are blank to add a photo or text and the other two she can add to the back sides.  The center page features an old book page accordion folded into this rosette topped with an antique button and jute bow.


Here you can see the photo tags and box better.  The faces are hidden as I explained above.  These really are adorable and so is the little box.  The tag on that page says "together" and is stamped and embossed and mounted on a piece of double stick foam to give it height.


The upper left photo features tiny white origami flowers I folded from circles, and stamped stems and leaves.  The upper right photo shows a card mounted with photo corners.  She can add a photo or journal on it...or both!  Below that is a page with a ribbon band to tuck goodies under, embellished with an enamel metal butterfly that I removed from an old earring.

The lower left photo shows a rosette made from ribbon with a big rhinestone center and paper ribbon underneath.  The page below it has a large pocket stamped "family" to tuck things into.  The lower right photo has two tiny white picture frames on one page and a band with star brads to tuck things under on the page facing it.  


In the upper left photo you see more plastic cup flowers.  In the upper right photo, two more tiny black picture frames.  The lower left photo has a flocked pocket with a sticker on it.  The lower right photo has a paper bag pocket with a tag inside that has a clear 3D sticker on it.  There is also a ribbon band to hold things at the top of that page.

So there is another example of the many things you can do with an explosion box!  I really put a lot of time and love into making this for my sister and I love how it turned out, but this story has no happy ending.

I have never had an experience like this before.  When it didn't arrive at her house, I contacted FedEx.  After many calls and tons of phone time, I was told they could track it to Nashville, and then it "didn't exist" any more!  No further explanation was ever given, only that it doesn't exist any more.

So, I zipped photos I had taken of it and e-mailed them to her so she could at least see what her gift was.  It was indeed sad, but life goes on!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back for the third explosion box - it was Disney themed and oh so cute!  Have a great day!

UPDATE:  I have gotten all three boxes posted and you can see the other two here and here

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Explosion Box 2 - Grungy!

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster