You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Explosion Box 3 - Disney!  

After such a looooong wait, here is the last of the three explosion boxes I made THREE YEARS ago!  I love this one SO MUCH!  It's theme is Disney and it's bursting with precious memories and pictures of my girls and I at Disney.  Since I don't share their images on line, my pictures of the box won't be as pretty, but you all have loved ones too so I know you understand.


The top of the box has Mickey and a Disney disc of thick cardboard along with a grosgrain ribbon and tiny red star buttons.  For an extra surprise, I decorated the inside of the lid too this time with stamps, photos in photo corners, rhinestone family initial, button, 3D button sticker, rhinestone, scraps and a 3D clear happiness sticker.  And here's a peek inside!


This box has two photo rings.  One I put photos on and left the backs for her to journal.  The second one I spelled out Disney with puffy, shiny stickers, leaving the backs to be personalized.  

In the upper left photo, the top page is a photo on a stack secured with picture corners.  The left page has a grosgrain ribbon decorated with a paper flower with a red rhinestone brad center.  A mounted photo is tucked behind the ribbon and rich red hearts rhinestones finish it off.

The middle page has a Minnie and name plate of thick cardboard and a photo on a stack.  The page to the right has photos with scalloped white frames and 3D glossy word stickers.  The bottom page has a tiny brown paper bag with tags tied with jute tucked inside.  They are stamped and decorated and one has a photo with the backs for journaling.  The bag is stamped and has two large paper flowers and two tiny paper bag flowers with 3D glossy centers.

The upper right photo shows thick cardboard Mickey hands on one page and a photo mounted on a stack and finished with rhinestone initials.


LOL guess I pretty well covered all this above, but you can see it better here!


In the upper right photo you see a page with flocked "doors" with brad door knobs.  When you open them you see the upper left photo.  It's mounted photos have black and silver rhinestones.  Back at the upper right photo, the page below the "door" page has two crocheted ribbon bands to tuck pictures mounted on stacks behind.

The lower left photo shows the top page with torn papers, two photo strips mounted on stacks, a thick cardboard mouse head and rhinestones.  Below it is a photo mounted on a stack.

The lower right photo shows mounted photos on both pages.  One page has a paper flower with a rhinestone center.  The other page is flocked and adorned with rhinestones.


The upper left photo shows a page with photos on stacks.  There is a tag tied with jute tucked behind a photo used as a pocket.  The upper right photo shows the two sides of the tag.

The lower photos show a page that uses a photo itself as a pocket and has there photos tucked into it, two of which are framed.  It also has a clear 3D sticker.


The upper left photo is so cool!  The page off to the right is again a photo mounted on a stack tucked under grosgrain ribbons secured with black brads.  A ribbon is adorned with a photo in a white scalloped frame and a clear 3D dome on top of it.

Ok that was cool, but the page to the left of it is really fun!  I used the envelope a store gift card would come in as a picture frame.  In the lower right photo you see when you lift the envelope!  I decorated the flap with a photo mounted on a stack and an decorated with a button, a rhinestone, a red bugle bead, a red sparkly foam circle and a thick cardboard star.  On the back of the "picture frame" I put a Mickey name sticker bordered by rows of 3D flocked sparkly dots!  So fun!  You really can use about anything around the house when you make these!

In the upper right photo is a page with tons of mounted photos tucked into a pocket with stickers and ribbon on it.  The page below has a mounted photo finished off by buttons and a floss bow.

In the lower left photo the upper page has a photo in a red scalloped frame on top of the other goodies.  The page beneath it has a mounted photo tucked behind cardboard I tore from a box.  Love the texture!  There's also a flower made from paper and a button topped with rhinestones.


This is a collection of fun close up shots showing the dimensional accents of some of the pages, which is half the fun anyway isn't it?   I hope you enjoyed these amazing explosion boxes as much as I have.  

If you want to make one of your own, there are lots of Youtube tutorials out there.  The only part I think a tut would help is in understanding that each of the three layers of "pages" are a bit smaller than the one under it so that it all folds up happily into the lid.  After all, when you are done you will have added lots of thickness to the pages, so they can't all fold up right against each other!!!  The sky's the limit with these little treasure boxes.  I especially love using things that are already around the house or would have been thrown out.  Up-cycling things is so satisfying!!

I gave this one to my other daughter.  If you missed the box for my other daughter and my sister, they are here and here.  Each one is sooooo different from the others - just so fun!!  LOL it may have taken me three years to get the posts finished, but doing the posts has made me think I might just need to make another one now!  Hmmmm....who do I know that needs a happy explosion box...?

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Please support this blog by shopping my PayPal store. God bless you!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Explosion Box 3 - Disney!

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster