You Will Love This!


Please read my TERMS OF USE.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes  

I've been so excited to try making these.  My first try didn't turn out as pristine as the picture I saw on Pinterest, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice.


I used a boxed spice cake mix and amended it to be Pumpkin Spice, following directions I found:
Add 3 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 1/2 cup water, 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon & 1/4 tsp. nutmeg.  It said to follow the box's baking directions.

Here's what I learned -

My box said 325ยบ for dark baking pans, so that's what I did.  It said 12-17 min. for cupcakes and to use the toothpick test for doneness.  I tested repeatedly and baking longer yet still kept having some stick to the toothpick.  I ended up baking them 24 minutes and I think they could have taken a bit more as they all came out beautifully domed...then fell as they cooled!

I thought with all the additional ingredients that I'd end up with much more than the 24 the box made, but I only ended up with four more.   Sadly, even filling my cups 3/4 full, only the last four, which I filled higher and cooked longer, gave me the nicely domed top needed for these cuties.

They are delicious, but my homemade marshmallow fondant tops are lacking due to the caved in cupcakes.  I used more frosting under the fondant to try to fake the shape a bit. 


Next time will be better.  But for now, they couple adorably with the fall leaf sugar cookies I shared in the last post.  



Beating down the perfectionist inside, as a whole, they make a very happy gift box indeed.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to enjoy the gorgeous fall God is giving us, and tell Him thank you!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster